Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:26 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 What NOT to buy 
 Post subject: What NOT to buy
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:51 pm 
Forum Moderator

I'm not quite ready to give it away, but I'd avoid paying money for the Frankford Arsenal Vibra-prime primer tube loader.

I bought one and it's pretty infuriating. I loaded about 400 Winchester primers through it and thought I had it "down" but after loading some Federal primers today, I'm this -><- close to throwing it away (or at least giving it away).

Way too many upside down primers, primers that stick in the tubes, etc.

It might work for someone with the time to BS around with it and get the bugs out, but if I buy another one it will be the expensive, but known to work, Dillon model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:48 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Hey send that vibra deal over here - I will shake it out - I have 5000 40's to load this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:00 am 
Forum Moderator

I've been burning through my last case of Winchester primers and its been more or less functioning, although right at the border of "worth the effort".

My last 150 rounds I had to stop twice to correct problems -- an upside down primer that made it into the tube, and a cockeyed primer that avoided going down the tube, but did flip in the tube opening and vibrate back into the tray.

Before I give it away, I'm going to try more Federal primers against all the tubes I have (I foolishly bought a three-pack of extra large pistol tubes).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.