Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 40 caliber brass 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

I just got rid of my XD-40 and gave all my spare brass to the purchaser, probably about 1500 cases. Anyway, the XD-40 took my LSWC hand cast bullets without a hiccup. They fed just fine.

.40s&w brass should be pretty easy to find. And cheap to purchase, at least once fired should be. It's a very common caliber- the one I've seen left on the range floor more often than any other caliber. I was able to scrounge hundreds of empties over the years I shot that caliber.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:14 am 
Forum Moderator

Pinnacle wrote:
She DOES keep her hands and other stuff out of her mouth - and washed up afterwards - lead is a concern - but everything is screened and all of the particulate is blown off of them outdoors.

This is a concern of mine - but not too bad.

She gets tested regularly.

That's cool. I was trying to neither be an alarmist or a scold, and also not wanting to ruin my own opportunities to put MY kid to work sorting when he gets older!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:07 pm 
Longtime Regular

Brewman wrote:
I just got rid of my XD-40 and gave all my spare brass to the purchaser, probably about 1500 cases. Anyway, the XD-40 took my LSWC hand cast bullets without a hiccup. They fed just fine.

.40s&w brass should be pretty easy to find. And cheap to purchase, at least once fired should be. It's a very common caliber- the one I've seen left on the range floor more often than any other caliber. I was able to scrounge hundreds of empties over the years I shot that caliber.

I found some Meister lead at Ammo Craft (155 grain semi wadcutter) and have 100 rounds ready to go to Bills north on Tues afternoon. I have cycled two magazines of it through both of my 40's and it appears to feed from the magazines to the chamber just fine. I'll know more Tuesday.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.