Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:23 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What money savers do you have? 
 Post subject: Re: Update on the rice
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:21 pm 
Delicate Flower

cobb wrote:

Have used a few bags of the ground walnut shells that I buy at a local pet store, labeled as lizard and snake bedding. Works well for me.

But how does it work on the brass? :P :P :P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

Add Dillon's brass polish, it's as good as any commercial stuff for a third of the price.

UT BCI Certified Conceal/Carry Instructor

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:35 pm 
1911 tainted

Selurcspi wrote:
Add Dillon's brass polish, it's as good as any commercial stuff for a third of the price.

I am going to try Dillon polish as soon as I run out of the brass polish that I got from Midway awhile back. Midway a sale on large bottles of polish and I bought 2 of them, almost gone and has worked well.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

The Dillon stuff is about the same as the Midway.
I've used plain old Brasso and the corncob or walnut looks dark pretty quickly, but it polishes the cases nicely.

"If you expect the police to always be able to protect you, why are the ones who show up at crimes called 'detectives' instead of 'defenders'? Detectives try to find a criminal after they've committed a crime."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:11 pm 
1911 tainted

Selurcspi wrote:
The Dillon stuff is about the same as the Midway.
I've used plain old Brasso and the corncob or walnut looks dark pretty quickly, but it polishes the cases nicely.

Isn't Brasso ammonia based? Everything I read is that ammonia based polish is bad for the brass. I wonder what brand of liquid car polish would work?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yes Brasso is Ammonia based, but I've never seen any problems using it for ammo. I used about half a gallon of the stuff when we lived in Germany, but I use the Dillon stuff now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:12 pm 
"Deceptive Edge" Weasel

There are two things that really work well for brass polishing additives, Iosso and Flitz. I would ask John at the Gunstop to buy bulk plain corn cob from him, and then add the above to the mix. For pure cleaning, walnut works well. But, for pimping your brass corn cob and Iosso seems to work really well! Bling Bling!

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.