Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 UpLULA 
 Post subject: UpLULA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:29 pm 
Journeyman Member

Anyone tried one of these, or heard of this? It's a magazine reloader that reloads 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, 10mm, 45ACP magazines - double stack/single stack.

A friend brought one to the range the other day and he asked me to try it. He was reloading a couple of 9mm double stack magazine. I had a couple single stack .40 S&W magazines for my SIG P226. It was unbelievably easy.

Check out this web site - they have a YouTube video of someone loading a 9mm double stack, a .40 S&W double stack, a .45ACP double stack and a .45ACP single stack - all reloaded in under 2 minutes. Check this out: http://maglula.tripod.com/uplula.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

Don't use the UpLULA.

But I do use the LULA for M-16 / AR-15 and MP5 and have for a long time. It helps a lot when loading several thousand rounds, as my thumbs can only take so much abuse.....well worth the money.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Had a chance to look at a board member's UpLULA. NICE! Better on the double stacks as the rubber piece can bind a bit and is not as slick on single stacks. But still, a LOT better than loading a lot of rounds by hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:03 pm 

The mag loader doesn't seem much different that the little doo-hickey that comes with Glocks already, but the bench loader - whoa is that cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Fubar wrote:
The mag loader doesn't seem much different that the little doo-hickey that comes with Glocks already, but the bench loader - whoa is that cool.

http://maglula.tripod.com/Up_mags.jpg is the pic I'm thinking of. it may not be apparent but you should TRY one. the glock thing is a hood you manually raise and lower. the upLULA has a lever and a bit of mechanical advantage. It's also much more precise so you get the the LULA into the lips of the mag and a good slot to load every time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 pm 
Longtime Regular

I got something similar with my Taurus PT145 MilPro. It didn't have the lever do-hickey on it, though. Looks like something I need!!!

"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.] -- (Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),

The Nanny State MUST DIE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:59 pm 
Journeyman Member

Fubar wrote:

I have a Glock magazine loader and the UpLULA was at least twice as fast and worked with my single stack magazines. My Glock loader only works on my Glock magazines it's not very useful when I have 2 SIG's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:17 pm 

If you guys think this thing is twice as fast that the dohicky that comes with Glocks, well then I gotta try it. Who sells 'em locally?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Brownells is sold out. :(

e-guns has them in stock.
http://www.eguns.com/sPearCat/1-4.woa/1 ... =Magazines

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

Fubar wrote:
If you guys think this thing is twice as fast that the dohicky that comes with Glocks, well then I gotta try it. Who sells 'em locally?

Remember: It does not eliminate or replace tactical reloading...... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:31 pm 
Journeyman Member

hammAR wrote:
Fubar wrote:

But it can save you from a sour thumb after reloading 300-400 rounds during a day at the range, and since it works on all my magazines I can use one product and I don't have to buy 3 or 4 reloading devices (one for each magazine type I have).

Oh, sorry - subtract one since I already have one for my Glock... :P :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:32 pm 

Since it works on more than one type of gun mag, I clearly need to purchase more types of guns....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

Who is in for a group buy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:31 pm 
Delicate Flower

me............2x

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:20 am 
Longtime Regular

hammAR wrote:
Fubar wrote:

Just get rid of the tactical reloads (and mags) altogether. Go belt-fed! :twisted: :wink:

http://www.shottist.com/beltfed.html

Last edited by ironbear on Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.