Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 I know there are no stupid questions...but: Modify Bullets 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:06 am 

Forster makes a hollow pointer for pistol and rifle. http://www.forsterproducts.com/Pages/trim_pointer.htm

Post subject: Re: I know there are no stupid questions...but: Modify Bulle
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:11 am 
Longtime Regular

EJSG19 wrote:
If you were properly equipped, and had all of the necessary tools to do it safely, what is to stop someone from modifying a FMJ bullet into a JHP bullet? Could you not simply drill a shallow hole into the nose of a FMJ, or counter-sink it, or do whatever you want to give the desired contour?

Way back in the mid 1960's when I was very naive I thought I could make the 86 grain JSP bullets for my 25-20 WCF much better by converting them to hollowpoints.

The problem came in that I was not able to center the drill well enough to make the hole dead center. At 100 yards the bullets printed all over a 30" square target. Some missed altogether.

That mis-guided venture left me with a deep appreciation for factory produced bullets. I still have about ten of those home-drilled 25-20 shells in the ammo locker. What an idiot I was.

:lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.