Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Reloading 101? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:17 am 
Longtime Regular

meltedeyes wrote:
Because of safety concerns and chances for distraction maybe use inert materials. Use oil-soaked primers and something other than powder, maybe cleaning media or something.

Non-Sense, after we load a pile of rounds, we need to drive about 3 miles form my garage to the range and set them free. That's half the fun. And while I'm thinking aloud on a keyboard I know of at least 3 members that have a Chronograph that we might be able to use. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:47 pm 
Gun-Toting Liberal

I don't have much to add to this adventure as far as knowledge, products, tools, etc. But I would be interested in coming. I could bring food or something.

Long story short- sign me up.

Thanks,

indeed_mandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:10 pm 

If this thing comes together, I'm in. Just ordered a Dillon 650 with all the bells and whistles...sure would be swell if I knew what the hell to do with it! :lol:

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:04 pm 
Longtime Regular

boomingmetropolis wrote:
If this thing comes together, I'm in. Just ordered a Dillon 650 with all the bells and whistles...sure would be swell if I knew what the hell to do with it! :lol:

:shock:

Some one get Jac714 please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:34 am 
Longtime Regular

I don't know where you bought your Dillon but if you bought it from John-boy at Gunstop he will help you with set up.

What are yoou setting up to reload? I haven't done much with a 650 but am pretty good with a 550 so let me know if I can help.

The first thing to do is to buy a GOOD reloading manual(Speer, Hornady, Sierra, etc) and read the introductory parts. The manual for the dillon and the dies will help a great deal as well.

Good Luck.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject: I can lend a hand.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:49 pm 

Guys I would be happy to put together a night of instruction.

I reload pistol 45, 40 and 38 super on a dillion 650 about 1000 rounds total a month.

However, if someone had a single stage it might be easier to show everyone how to do this from scratch vereses seeing a running progessive press.

If someone donates the location with equipment they want setup, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

I'd probably want to chat with the host a little first to make sure we had everything we needed to make the afternoon or evening educational.

Post subject: Re: I can lend a hand.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:39 pm 

mmcnx2 wrote:

I reload pistol 45, 40 and 38 super on a dillion 650 about 1000 rounds total a month.

However, if someone had a single stage it might be easier to show everyone how to do this from scratch vereses seeing a running progessive press.

If someone donates the location with equipment they want setup, I'd be happy to lend a hand.

I'd probably want to chat with the host a little first to make sure we had everything we needed to make the afternoon or evening educational.

I just picked up a Rockchucker that I haven't been able to do anything with yet. I only have 7.62x54R dies for it so far, but I can bring the whole shebang with me quite easily.

Post subject: Re: I can lend a hand.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:00 am 
Longtime Regular

mmcnx2 wrote:

I'm in Delano, own a rock-chucker and have space. 8)

Post subject: PM with Deatils
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:58 am 

Guys if we are interested in setting this up PM with some contact info and I'll give you a call. We can go over details and schedules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:50 pm 

I'm considering buying a kit and beginning to reload my own ammo myself. I would be grateful for the opportunity just to observe the process as I consider purchasing a kit and moving forward. I would be happy to contribute funds for supplies or bring food for the group.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.