Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 First deer with .357 
 Post subject: First deer with .357
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:29 am 

Got a spike with the Ruger GP-100 iron sites .357 158 Federal Fusion loads. 9yrds with shot to the neck. No tracking required. Hope to score a doe this weekend.

Mwal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:36 am 
Longtime Regular

Congratulations!

I have a .357 I am thinking of taking out next year and was wondering how well that would work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:50 am 
Longtime Regular

Congrats. Same gun I have for shooting bambi here in the non-rifle zone.

9 yards? That's damned close.. Were you using a stand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:48 am 

I was in a pine plantation with scrub oak and hazel brush mixed in. I was following some tracks that had a pinpoint drop of blood.,aw movement out of corner of eye and he was looking right at me. I had pistol in my hands so I was prepared for the shot. He was just starting to get up out of a bed. He did have a cut in the belly skin but the bullet did not penetrate. IT had hair shaved before cut and hair shave on inner thigh. There was no blood in his bed so maybe he would of recoverd who knows. Pay attention while walking and follow anything with even the smallest drop of blood. I have been carrying the Ruger on my stand as well in case I get a close shot. My main stand only has 25 yrd shooting radius so the Ruger is always on me. I may be thinking of trying a aimpoint or busnell trophy red dot scope on it.

Mwal

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.