Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 WMAs 
 Post subject: WMAs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:25 pm 

Spent the last few weeks scouting out some of the WMAs in the southern half of the state. Two that I found a little strange are the Hastings WMA and the Paul Hugo Farms WMA.

Hastings is basically a large open field. With HOUSING on three sides and a industrial park on the fourth. For the life of me I can't understand how anyone could safely fire anything other than a super-soaker at this location. Even in the middle of this tract I could clearly see children playing on two sides.

The Hugo WMA wasn't nearly that tight, but, once again, housing, clearly visible on two sides. There was one guy chasing early goose there and he admitted he figured some of his shot HAD to be going outside the limits of this parcel.

Guess I'm going to have to head north....waaayy north. :x

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quite a few years ago, before I became a hunting land owner, I used to have pretty good deer hunting up by Lost Lake State Forest Campground. You can camp there and walk or drive to open hunting land all around.

It's pretty far north, about 40 miles or so north of Grand Rapids and east of Bigfork. It's easy to locate on a MN map. Mix of state owned and paper company land was all open to hunting last time I was up there.

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.