Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:59 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Mille Lacs WMA 
 Post subject: Mille Lacs WMA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:33 am 
Designated waste of protoplasm

Wow

What a nice area to hunt. Absolutely beautiful with easy access and good trails and TONS of deer.

Rothman and I spent the better part of yesterday there and actually saw some deer (does)

The one with antlers that I saw was a little too quick for me. There are traqcks ALL OVER THE PLACE - there must be thousands of deer there.

There were few hunters and I think that would be a great place to get a TCC Hunt together.

Far enough away - but close - easy access - NICE place...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

(Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell everyone!)

It was TERRIBLE. No sign of deer everywhere, and all the trails were uphill both ways.

Definitely stay away. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:56 pm 
Longtime Regular

Does pinnacle give directions to his favorite fishing hole also? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

sigman wrote:

That's not a fishing hole, it's a bog on the arse end of the lake. Soime directions!

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:21 pm 

plblark wrote:
sigman wrote:

That's not a fishing hole, it's a bog on the arse end of the lake. Soime directions!

:-)

I did my homework - now it's your turn.
:lol:
Zone 1

I enjoy the outdoors....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:59 pm 

I'm glad to hear you guys had a good time. I actually slept Monday away, as I think 20+ hours in the deerstand did me in last weekend. I had a wicked cough going, so I drugged up and slept.

That isn't an intensive harvest zone, is it? It's bucks only, right?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

It is always nice to spend a day in the woods, whether you get a dear or not. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:18 pm 

Sigman, what kind of dear are you hunting for ?

I'm off to the North woods on Thurs. AM for some good hunting with good friends and maybe a couple of laughs. Good luck everyone, hopefully I will have some good pics to post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

MOTOBOB wrote:
Sigman, what kind of dear are you hunting for ?

It had better be a deer or my dear would be rather upset. :lol: I don't go until the muzzleloader season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:36 am 

goalie wrote:
I'm glad to hear you guys had a good time. I actually slept Monday away, as I think 20+ hours in the deerstand did me in last weekend. I had a wicked cough going, so I drugged up and slept.

Area 152 is a lottery area - Bucks Only. Nice area to take a walk.

The best way to ruina good day walking in the woods is to actually shoot a deer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:55 pm 

Pinnacle wrote:
goalie wrote:

Area 152 is a lottery area - Bucks Only. Nice area to take a walk.

The best way to ruina good day walking in the woods is to actually shoot a deer.

I got lucky, the other guys shot the does (and a yearling buck, DOH!!!) and I got to enjoy the woods. Unfortunately, I did have to coach a buddy through the field-dressing process, but that wasn't too bad.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:51 pm 
Longtime Regular

Last Thursday I came in from the hunting woods for lunch. I was standing outside talking to my wife on the cell phone when I saw a small buck approaching. I told my wife I had to go, a deer was walking up to the cabin.

I went inside and grabbed my gun and went back outside. By this time the deer was only about 25 yards away and just stood there looking at me. Almost too easy, I shot it straight on into the chest and it dropped. I went back inside, put away my gun, got a knife and looked out the window. To my surprise, the deer was getting up again. I took my gun and went back outside to see that the deer had made it back into the woods about 10 feet and it dropped again. That was it, it died there.

It was about 35 yard from our meat pole so it wasn't much of a drag.

Luck beats skill every time!!

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:58 pm 

Ramoel wrote:
Last Thursday I came in from the hunting woods for lunch. I was standing outside talking to my wife on the cell phone when I saw a small buck approaching. I told my wife I had to go, a deer was walking up to the cabin.

I went inside and grabbed my gun and went back outside. By this time the deer was only about 25 yards away and just stood there looking at me. Almost too easy, I shot it straight on into the chest and it dropped. I went back inside, put away my gun, got a knife and looked out the window. To my surprise, the deer was getting up again. I took my gun and went back outside to see that the deer had made it back into the woods about 10 feet and it dropped again. That was it, it died there.

It was about 35 yard from our meat pole so it wasn't much of a drag.

That is like a friend of mine went on a hunt of a lifetime in Utah for Elk - Set up camp the first evening - got up to go on the hunt in the morning and there was an elk up the hill from their camp -he shoots the beast - rolls down the hill and actually hits his truck!!

Yup Luck beats skill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:52 am 

Ramoel wrote:

Ya shoulda seen me playing hockey last Wednesday. Documented proof that what you say is true.

:P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Hunting Story
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:22 pm 

Went To Tofte MN to hunt the National Forest. Never Saw so many deer "Pellets" in my life. Harvested 2 does, 1 Large, one a probably Yearling. Good Meat! In the area we were, 2 either sex. go 1/4 mile south, 5 either sex per hunter. We didn't Hunt this weekend, Will Try next weekend for 2 more. 3 Rounds total, .30 Remington (pump Rifle Model 14). My partner Shot both with my Blessing. We could do the same for each other. We were hunting 200 yards apart, but came from different directions, so neither knew each other's exact position. I am getting to old to drag deer, even with help. We worked hard to be thru the shower and out by noon, Checkout time. Will do it again this comming weekend. After Thanksgiving. BLOOD ON THE FOREST FLOOR!

de ka0old

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.