Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Interest in a NovaTac Group Buy 
 Post subject: Interest in a NovaTac Group Buy
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:57 am 
Longtime Regular

example. NovaTac 120T Retail = $149 Map = $134 If there is enough interest we may be able to get the pricing down to about $90 plus shipping.

Interested?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

oooOOOooo....now that's an interesting group buy! :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:42 pm 
The Man

Yeah, particularly if we can do that with the 120P. I mean, if I'm going to go for toy value in a flashlight, I want full-tilt-boogie-programmable toy value.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:08 pm 

Damn, I didn't even know what a NovaTac 120T was and now I want one :lol:

Now that I know they have a programmable one I think I need that too. :lol:

I am in if it is closer to the $90 range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
Yeah, particularly if we can do that with the 120P. I mean, if I'm going to go for toy value in a flashlight, I want full-tilt-boogie-programmable toy value.

Those (120P) would be about $115 more unless we can get the enough interest for 24 lights of any style. then we could save about 10% more I believe.

FYI: this link was posted on MNGunTalk and is a good deal too.

[urlhttp://www.manventureoutpost.com/outdoor/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13644[/url]

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

jaysong wrote:
joelr wrote:

Those (120P) would be about $115 more unless we can get the enough interest for 24 lights of any style. then we could save about 10% more I believe.

[urlhttp://www.manventureoutpost.com/outdoor/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13644[/url]

Do you mean $115 above the $90 of the 120T, or $115 sell price?

The 120P list price is in the $189 range, I think, so I'm guessing you mean sell price. If you can get them for $115, that's a heck of a deal...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

mrokern wrote:
jaysong wrote:
joelr wrote:

Do you mean $115 above the $90 of the 120T, or $115 sell price?

The 120P list price is in the $189 range, I think, so I'm guessing you mean sell price. If you can get them for $115, that's a heck of a deal...

We will need at least 12 interested to get this pricing. If we get over 24 it's better. 8) Yes $115 would be sell price.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:00 am 

I'd be interested in one of the 120P.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:17 am 

Me too, as expressed on the "other" forum

Post subject: Re: Interest in a NovaTac Group Buy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:55 am 

Did this group buy ever get off the ground for the Novatac E, T, or P models? For those that have either the E or T models or if the group buy didn't happen and there ends up being renewed interest; I found an interesting thread over at Candle Power Forums (similar to this site but for flashlights). The thread is a year or two old so I don't know if Novatac has changed the lights or not but there seems to be a way to 'hack' or make the E or T series lights fully programable. I won't go into all the details here but it involves clicking the on/off switch like 250 times and then following a series of steps to 'turn on' the programming feature. It seems as though on the E and T series lights are similar to the P model but the programming feature is simply turned off. I will post on Candle Power Forms and try and find out if the programming can still be turned on for the E and T models.

The thread about activating this feature can be found here (you shouldn't have to register to just read the post):

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/sho ... c+EDC+hack

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

There was not enough interest at the time. I have a 120T but have not hacked it. If there is enough interest I could check the pricing again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:06 pm 

jaysong wrote:
There was not enough interest at the time. I have a 120T but have not hacked it. If there is enough interest I could check the pricing again.

Ok thanks, just wondering. I did check on Candle Power Forums and there have only been a few responses so far but the consensus is that they haven't changed anything that would prevent a 120E or 120T from being hacked/changed to programmable. One person who posted claims to have a 120E purchased in October of last year and it can still be hacked/programmed.

If nothing else this might prove useful for those that either own a 120E or 120T who want to have the programmable features or for those who want to purchase the cheaper 120E or 120T and get the programmability of the more expensive 120P.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.