Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Sig Sauer: CASH FOR KLUNKERS 
 Post subject: Sig Sauer: CASH FOR KLUNKERS
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:27 pm 

http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/klunker.aspx

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Sig Sauer: CASH FOR KLUNKERS
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

Meh.
Quote:
*KLUNKER refers to a handgun from any manufacturer that you wish to trade in for the $200.00 payment. Gun must be operational and free from cracks in frame or other key components. KLUNKER must be a semi-auto pistol 9mm or larger, or revolver of .38 caliber or larger.

There aren't too many guns in that caliber and condition I'd dispose of for $200.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:48 pm 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Meh.
Quote:
*KLUNKER refers to a handgun from any manufacturer that you wish to trade in for the $200.00 payment. Gun must be operational and free from cracks in frame or other key components. KLUNKER must be a semi-auto pistol 9mm or larger, or revolver of .38 caliber or larger.

There aren't too many guns in that caliber and condition I'd dispose of for $200.

What's MSRP on a Hi-Point?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:40 am 
Longtime Regular

Missing grips, damaged sights, bad wear would make it worth it, and still technically be in compliance.

I've always wanted to do a private gun "buy-back" (in part to show how ridiculous such things are, and in part to expand my own collection). I'd put similar restrictions on it.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:06 am 

Not a bad option for my 14-year old Smith & Wesson 3914, except I don't want a Sig. But $200 is a pretty good trade-in considering what a gun shop would offer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:17 am 

What is Sig going to do with these Klunkers? Hopefully not the same thing the government did/is doing with the cars (rendering them inoperable and selling for scrap). Why is everyone jumping on the bandwagon headed to the left?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:26 am 
Longtime Regular

J.C. Garand wrote:
What is Sig going to do with these Klunkers? Hopefully not the same thing the government did/is doing with the cars (rendering them inoperable and selling for scrap). Why is everyone jumping on the bandwagon headed to the left?

Somehow I doubt gun control is Sig's goal in all this... :lol:

If I was running it, I'd have a deal set up with a FFL.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:51 am 
Longtime Regular

This should fit the bill:

Considering most of them are unshootable today I wouldn't be sad if they got melted down.

The things that bug me about this are the distinct lack of details on what constitutes an acceptable klunker and the fact that shipping the gun to Sig would eat a quarter of the rebate.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:03 pm 

chunkstyle wrote:
Missing grips, damaged sights, bad wear would make it worth it, and still technically be in compliance.

I've always wanted to do a private gun "buy-back" (in part to show how ridiculous such things are, and in part to expand my own collection). I'd put similar restrictions on it.

Agree, and since I'd be buying a Sig I would expect the FFL to work with me and to mail it back for me. They can use the USPS and it generally costs less than$25

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:19 pm 
Longtime Regular

I saw a 'Jennings' at Cabelas the other day during their Gun Show - I told them I was surprised they weren't too embarassed to have it in the case. Price was less then $200 by a long shot, but I don't think it was a 9mm though.

Mostly-

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.