Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Savage .270, 30-06, or 7MM w/ scope $279.99 or $199.99 + FFL 
 Post subject: Savage .270, 30-06, or 7MM w/ scope $279.99 or $199.99 + FFL
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:05 pm 

I saw this on slickdeals.net

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=1588289

"Savage .270, 30-06, or 7MM with scope $279.99 or $199.99 plus FFL or pickup
Fin, Feather, & Fur Outfitters in Ashland, OH is offering the following Savage rifles:

Sale price is $279.99, but the additional offer states:

Order a Box of ammo (for the rifle) at the same time and we will knock the price of the gun down to $199.99 when the order is processed

Additional Information per their website:
All firearms must either be picked up in our store or shipped to a FFL holder.
Click Here for our Firearms Transfer Procedure.
A $35 transfer fee will be applied to all firearms when order is processed unless picked up in our store."

So I am guessing that most of us don't live in Ohio and are not FFL, so it would be

$199.99 + (cost of cheapest box of 0.270/30-06 ammo) + $35 outbound transfer fee + $20-$50 Inbound FFL transfer fee (depending on who you use as FFL)

Site is apparently getting hammered and a lot of people cant load the page. I think I will try laaaaaaate tonight and see if they are still in stock.

Post subject: Re: Savage .270, 30-06, or 7MM w/ scope $279.99 or $199.99 + FFL
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:42 pm 

I wanted to reply to this earlier but it seemed to disappear for a week. Anyway, thanks Random for a great tip-off. I got one of these in .270 during the sale. Frankly, given the price and some people's comments about the 110 my expectations were really low. I was pleasantly surprised when I got it. A very decent looking gun model with a good reputation for accuracy. Certainly no show piece, but nothing awful about it's looks. Well worth $199. Then I took it to the range. Wow. This thing shoots. I swapped out the combo scope for a Burris Fullfield II with some Warne rings and it took just a few clicks to bring the groups to center. My first three shots at 25 yards fit under a nickle. At 200 yards I get 2.5" groups just supporting the foreend on a range bag. And it has way, way less recoil than my .300 Win Mag. :D

So thanks again!

Later,
BB

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.