Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Remember: gun-related items only. No lawn mowers, no guns.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Group buy policies: 
 Post subject: Group buy policies:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:21 am 
Longtime Regular

Here are some ideas for the Group Buy Policies. I'm seeking comment here and when we get it nailed down, I'll split the comments out, edit the sticky as appropriate, and close the thread.

Q: What's this Group Buy Coordinator thing?
A: Quite simply, it's an official position so someone can solicit deals and group buys on behalf of the group. It's intended to lend legitimacy and credibility to solicitations for discounts by tracing back to an official position and a forum e-mail address. This does NOT mean that all group buys must go through me. Feel free to originate, organize, etc Group Buys of your own. I'm just here to facilitate things.

IDEA: This is used to Suggest an idea and solicit comments. if you have an item you're interested in, feel free to post seeking interest, input, sources, ideas. The post should contain:
      In the Subject:
      GB IDEA as a label so we can tell what it is
      The item of interest
      Quote:
      Example: GB IDEA Crimson Trace Grips

In the Body:
      The item and its use.
      Suggested source or question about source.
      Ideas about contacts or who might know someone to contact / have a membership or discount.
      Any sales or specials
      Customary price so people can compare

INTEREST POLL: This is used to gauge interest. if you have an item you're interested in, feel free to post a poll seeking interested parties.
    The post should contain:
      In the Subject:
      GB POLL as a label so we can tell what it is
      The item of interest
      Place it could be ordered from
      Quote:
      Example: GB POLL Crimson Trace Grips NRA Instructor

In the Body:
      Should be set as a poll. Poll should include yes / no and other options.
      Price
      Time Frame
      If there's a members only discount and you're willing to facilitate the deal, that'd be great.

GROUP BUY: Used to indicate a group buy in progress. As the thread progresses, I can change the ACTIVE to ORDER, DELIVER, FINAL to reflect the status and so people don't have to read threads that are old or closed.
    The post should contain:
      In the Subject:
      GB ACTIVE as a label so we can tell what it is
      The item of interest
      Place it could be ordered from
      When the Buy closes. This is the last date to get orders in.
      Quote:
      Example: ACTIVE GB Crimson Trace Grips NRA Inst 07/30/07

In the Body:
      Price
      Time Frame
      Any other details:
      Shipping
      Insurance
      Assumptions (Will round up to nearest $0.50 per order, etc) The idea is to list it ahead of time and let people decide if that's agreeable to them.

ASSUMPTIONS:
    Shipping will be split. Details will be listed in the Group Buy post.
    Delivery details will be specified. For me, I'll re-ship (recipient to pay) or arrange convenient delivery for me or pickup somewhere I'm already going to be.
    Insurance: I'm going to insure any large orders. Reshipping insurance should be optional but you get what you pay for
    No Firearms Group buys handled on board. [Joel: what about ideas and etc with the sales and delivery taking place off board? I'm thinking the Carry Depot and etc here.]

Last edited by plblark on Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

Suggest that ideas and polls be a single thread. Each idea should have an interest poll.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:26 am 
Longtime Regular

does the software allow for multiple selection polls (check boxes)? Does it allow for Admin / Mods to see who voted what to put together interest lists?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.