Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Log in feature.., logs me out while reading/replying
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:41 am 

I used to have a problem with the old forum software not automatically logging me in. It wasn't a cookie issue or anything, I would just always have to log in each time I visited. No big deal, I got used to it. Now with the new software I was really happy as that feature seemed to work great. It would automatically log me in when I visited, Great. Well, the honeymoon appears to be over since now, even though logged in, it seems to log me out shortly thereafter. It has happened twice today. I logged in, was reading some posts, and replied to a post. I got all done typing my reply to a post and when I went to submit the post, it said I had to be logged in!! I logged in but then had to retype my entire post. Fine. But it happened again. Same thing...i was logged in and reading some post, decided to reply or make a new post, got it all typed and sometime from when I started the post to when I submitted it, I got logged out. I had to log in again and retype the whole post. :bang: Is anyone else having this same problem?

Edit: Third times a charm. This time it let me type this post and submit it without having to log back in.

Post subject: Re: Log in feature.., logs me out while reading/replying
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

I was wondering if a significant amount of time passed between the login and the attempting to post, but that doesn't sound like it's the case correct??

But to answer your question, no I've never had that problem.

Post subject: Re: Log in feature.., logs me out while reading/replying
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:26 pm 
Longtime Regular

Try clicking Delete all board cookies on the bottom-right of the Index page, then be sure to click the box next to Log me in automatically each visit on the login page.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.