Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What's The New Thing All About? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:43 pm 

I grew up with access to firearms but after college (60's), never continued hunting. Recently, I came into possesion of my father-in-laws single-6. An aquaintance who I saw regularly talked about a group of people that did CC permit training and also met weekly to shoot. I purchased another pistol and decided to see what it was all about. Now I am a fairly regular attendee.

My point in this post is to show how the activism can bring in others and show that we are not about shoot-em-up, bang, bang. I have since brought my wife to the range (never shot anything before) and my older son and his wife. My wife sounds interested in continuing and my son has purchased his own 9mm.

Activism like this works and snowballs. Talk it up out there, take a friend to lunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:12 am 

Welcome to JC Knute.
You've acquired a very nice heirloom in the 'single-six' and you make me proud that you've introduced your wife and son to firearm ownership.

Congratulations and enjoy the company.

Tex

"I disagree with what you say, but I would fight to the death for your right to say it." Voltaire

"I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant." Chunkstyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:20 am 
The Man

JC Knute wrote:
I grew up with access to firearms but after college (60's), never continued hunting. Recently, I came into possesion of my father-in-laws single-6. An aquaintance who I saw regularly talked about a group of people that did CC permit training and also met weekly to shoot. I purchased another pistol and decided to see what it was all about. Now I am a fairly regular attendee.

My point in this post is to show how the activism can bring in others and show that we are not about shoot-em-up, bang, bang. I have since brought my wife to the range (never shot anything before) and my older son and his wife. My wife sounds interested in continuing and my son has purchased his own 9mm.

Activism like this works and snowballs. Talk it up out there, take a friend to lunch.
Yup. And it's one of those win-win things: it's fun to begin with, and may well have some useful political import . . . and even when it doesn't, it still was fun.

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.