Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Mayer Mobil Gas - Medina 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:25 am 
Longtime Regular

Perhaps its about having a sense of humor, Randy Mayer has been in business a long time, he went to school with my Dad, and I went to school with his son. You don't stay in business for this long by being a knee jerk reactionary. The sign was in humorous reaction to the silly "bans guns on premisses" crap in 2003.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:30 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Absolutely. I just don't think it's all that awesome to applaud a merchant who makes one sensible rule and one kneejerk one.

The jerk is in the eye of the knee-holder. I don't have a problem with it. I think it's a matter of basic human respect to not talk on your phone while doing business with another human being.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:00 am 
Longtime Regular

Sure, but "don't be rude" covers that a lot better. If I get a call while trying to decide between Fritos and Doritos, why should the sign indicate I can't answer?

DeanC wrote:
Andrew Rothman wrote:
Absolutely. I just don't think it's all that awesome to applaud a merchant who makes one sensible rule and one kneejerk one.

The jerk is in the eye of the knee-holder. I don't have a problem with it. I think it's a matter of basic human respect to not talk on your phone while doing business with another human being.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.