Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Home Depot 
 Post subject: Re: Home Depot
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:02 pm 

plblark wrote:
HD does, however, have a VERY strict employee policy. They make it VERY clear to all employees in orientation that they WILL be fired if they bring ANY firearm onto HD property, even a deer rifle in the trunk in the parking lot.will get you FIRED.

I am not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure that they can not do a thing to you if you have a firearm legally in your vehicle in the parking lot. There was an instance on this in TX about a year ago when I was down there and Shell Oil tried to fire an employee for this, major fail........

I would be curious to see how that one were to play out.....

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Home Depot
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:36 pm 
The Man

EAA10 wrote:
plblark wrote:
HD does, however, have a VERY strict employee policy. They make it VERY clear to all employees in orientation that they WILL be fired if they bring ANY firearm onto HD property, even a deer rifle in the trunk in the parking lot.will get you FIRED.

I am not a lawyer, but I am pretty sure that they can not do a thing to you if you have a firearm legally in your vehicle in the parking lot. There was an instance on this in TX about a year ago when I was down there and Shell Oil tried to fire an employee for this, major fail........

I would be curious to see how that one were to play out.....
Only if they're stupid, as well as evil. A guy — let's call him "Bruce Krafft", because that's his name — inquired at his former employer as to whether or not they'd follow the MN law about carry in parking lots. He got his answer; for totally unrelated reasons, his position was terminated two weeks later.

Antidiscrimination laws are easy to beat, as long as one doesn't talk too much.

(I'm not in favor of that, mind you; I've got mixed feelings about antidiscrimination laws that affect private parties, but I'm strongly against bigotry, as controversial a position as that is.)

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.