Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Any particularly good (gun-friendly) banks around? 
 Post subject: Re: Join A Credit Union
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:54 pm 

EAGSMN wrote:
I would never open a new acount at at "bank"!!
The Richfield/Bloomington Credit Union where I bank, greets me by name, answers the phone with a real person and does not have many of the bullshit charges of USB or WF. The charges they do impose if any are normally 1/10 of what USB or WF sock you. It is not posted. My son was at an auto dealer 2 years ago to buy a car, in 10 minutes via my cellphone he was loan approved and left with the car within 30 minutes. Try that with the big boy banks, you couln't press all the right numbers to talk to a real person in english at most of them!! I do still have accounts at both USB and WF so I know what it is like to deal with them.

Highland Bank is the exact same way. There are 8 locations around the Metro area. Check them out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:05 pm 

joelr wrote:
Brewman wrote:
joelr wrote:
I dunno. I rarely cash checks -- not never, but rarely -- as I find the whole ATM thing (depositing the check at my bank and pulling cash, if needed) much more convenient, most of the time. That said, I only do bank business at Wells Fargo, and have never had a problem getting a check cashed there, no matter which bank issued it.

Are you a customer of Wells Fargo? I'm assuming that you are since you use their ATM, which would probalby cost you service fees if you were not a customer.
Yup.
Quote:
But if a non customer walked into a Wells Fargo Bank and asked them to cash a check, they'd likely ask for a fee. Many banks charge a fee for this service unless you have an account with them. Banks have turned to service fees for revenue- they make a killing on NSF checks.

I also use Wells Fargo for my personal banking. I re-financed my mortgage several years ago thru E-Loans.com, and Wells Fargo ended up buying it, so they allow a percentage of my mortgage balance to count as if it was a cash deposit in bank account- which allows me to basically bank there fee free- including check printing, ATM fees waived, free electronic bill pay, fre travelers checks, etc.....

But they do have a stiff list of service fees- give it a read sometime.
I have, but I've really only paid attention to those that either do or might apply to me.

The best fee is the fee they charge for exchanging currency when you purchase something in a foreign country with your Wells Fargo Check card. Not only do they charge the exchange rate, but they also charge a fee for exchanging the money. If they did that for exchanging cash, it would be illegal.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.