Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Last Place On Earth in Duluth 
 Post subject: Last Place On Earth in Duluth
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:06 am 

Big "Guns Welcome" sign in the window.

Post subject: Re: Last Place On Earth in Duluth
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

Please get a photo if you get a chance?

MnMonte wrote:
Big "Guns Welcome" sign in the window.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

What type of place is it? A road trip would be great for open carry opportunity :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:38 am 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:
What type of place is it? A road trip would be great for open carry opportunity :D

Based on my google search, it looks like it's a head shop/sex toy store

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:43 am 

Yep it's a head shop. Guns are welcome but so are crack heads and meth addicts. They also carry a good selection of edge weapons throwing stars and some off the wall stuff.
Here's your sign....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:10 am 
Longtime Regular

MnMonte wrote:
Yep it's a head shop. Guns are welcome but so are crack heads and meth addicts. They also carry a good selection of edge weapons throwing stars and some off the wall stuff.

I'm thinking maybe the clerks wanted some extra security!

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

Bet that store makes the residents of Duluth feel very proud :roll:

MnMonte wrote:
Here's your sign....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ok, I will fall on the sword and ask the obvious question. Now, I know what a sex toy shop is and have an idea what a head shop is, but could someone clarify what a head shop is? You know, just to make sure.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:40 pm 
Longtime Regular

Moby Clarke wrote:
Ok, I will fall on the sword and ask the obvious question. Now, I know what a sex toy shop is and have an idea what a head shop is, but could someone clarify what a head shop is? You know, just to make sure.

They sell drug paraphernalia...bongs, one-hitters, papers, High Times magazine, etc. All legal until you fill them with the herb.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:46 pm 

Wikepedia sums it up quite well:

A head shop is a retail outlet specializing in paraphernalia related to consumption of cannabis, other recreational drugs, and New Age herbs, as well as generally selling counterculture art, magazines, music, clothing, and home decor. Products typically include bongs (called water pipes in countries with drug paraphernalia laws), roach clips, glass pipes, pipe screens, rolling papers, rolling machines, scales or balances, whipped-cream chargers (which contain nitrous oxide), dildos, vibrators, other items meant to enhance sexual intercourse, blacklight-responsive posters, incense, cigarette lighters, and products claimed to give false negative results for drugs on urinalysis tests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:33 am 
Longtime Regular

If I remember correctly, they have a pretty good music selection. As far as making Duluthian's proud, I will be happy to accept any pro gun business up here. I'm sure the metro area has one or two businesses that most people don't approve of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:50 am 
Forum Moderator

MnMonte wrote:
Wikepedia sums it up quite well:

A head shop is a retail outlet specializing in paraphernalia related to consumption of cannabis, other recreational drugs, and New Age herbs, as well as generally selling counterculture art, magazines, music, clothing, and home decor. Products typically include bongs (called water pipes in countries with drug paraphernalia laws), roach clips, glass pipes, pipe screens, rolling papers, rolling machines, scales or balances, whipped-cream chargers (which contain nitrous oxide), dildos, vibrators, other items meant to enhance sexual intercourse, blacklight-responsive posters, incense, cigarette lighters, and products claimed to give false negative results for drugs on urinalysis tests.

Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:40 am 

gunflint wrote:
If I remember correctly, they have a pretty good music selection. As far as making Duluthian's proud, I will be happy to accept any pro gun business up here. I'm sure the metro area has one or two businesses that most people don't approve of.

Yes they do actually. The old Carlson book store two blocks down has alot of old vinyl too. I'm amazed that place hasen't burnt to the ground. It is nothing but a firetrap. Duluth has a couple of head shops. The Last Place On Earth and the Electric Fetus. Duluth will expand their tax base at any cost. Thats why The Saratoga (strip club) has survived all these years on the touristy Canal Park. The venerable Nor'Shor theatre has been turned into a strip club too. Duluth is a interesting place politacally speaking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:07 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

Quite the survival kit. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:43 am 
Forum Moderator

Dee wrote:
Quote:

Quite the survival kit. :lol:

I stole it from "Dr. Strangelove"!

http://former.imdb.com/title/tt0057012/

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.