Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 H.R. 45 
 Post subject: H.R. 45
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:35 pm 
Longtime Regular

See text of bill here.
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

Email from Dudley Brown - Rocky Mountain Gun Owners

What H.R. 45 Does
The legislation has three main components.

1. Increasing requirements for firearms purchases.

2. Creating a national firearms registry overseen by the Federal Government.

3. Stiffen penalties for bookkeeping errors related to the Federal Firearms Database formed in section 2.

To purchase a firearm a person would be required to pass a written firearms examination, release all health records -- including mental heath records -- to the Attorney General's office, and submit to a two-day waiting period, as well as pay an "appropriate" fee of $25 per firearm.

Additionally, every firearm sale would be recorded in a database, which would track the serial number, make, model and identity of the owner. The legislation would also make all private sales of firearms illegal, and a felony offense.

In addition to these regulations, the legislation includes excessive regulations and penalties for bureaucratic missteps from simple failures to report address changes to failure to report stolen weapons.

Provisions of H.R. 45 include:

# Requires passing a written examination to purchase a firearm.

# Releases medical records -- including confidential mental health records -- to the Attorney General for Government review.

# Requires a two-day waiting period on all firearms purchases.

# Institutes a fee of $25 or more on all firearm purchases.

# Creates a national database with all firearms and firearms owners registered by serial number with the Federal Government.

# A Federal ban on all private firearms sales.

# Increases in penalties for clerical errors related to this national firearms registry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:27 pm 

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:05 pm 

I have absolutely no problem with this law going into effect, as long as it applies to the 1st amendment as well.

Many people have been killed by things that were printed. Imagine if all the paper and envelopes has been registered, maybe they could've caught the people that sent the anthrax letters out faster.. The 2 day waiting period may prevent someone from sending a threatening letter to a former lover..

yet again, we need to go after the amendments we don't like, and don't dare attack the others..

My Homebrew journal http://brew.goalie.cx

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: H.R. 45
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:09 am 

It seems like it would be easier to get a 5 axis CNC machine and injection molding equipment than try to abide by stupid laws like this...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:05 pm 
Longtime Regular

gyrfalcon wrote:
It seems like it would be easier to get a 5 axis CNC machine and injection molding equipment than try to abide by stupid laws like this...

And you would learn useful trade skills. *cough*

A friend has a mill. He wants to make motorcycle parts. We are planning on hiring an experienced operator. Don't know but we are both thinking that for $100 each we should be able to learn a whole heck of a lot in a very short amount of time if we pool our money.

Learning how to build your own small CNC machine is not difficult. The only real problem I currently have is that they are loud, and I live in a very dense apt complex.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:13 pm 

someone1980 wrote:
gyrfalcon wrote:

A friend has a mill. He wants to make motorcycle parts. We are planning on hiring an experienced operator. Don't know but we are both thinking that for $100 each we should be able to learn a whole heck of a lot in a very short amount of time if we pool our money.

Learning how to build your own small CNC machine is not difficult. The only real problem I currently have is that they are loud, and I live in a very dense apt complex.

Depending on the size, I'd be happy to store it for you in my garage. Of course, my fee would be to sit in on the training sessions & use the machine as well.

Being that I have 4 bikes in the garage right now, we may be limited on space. :lol:

MM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

a911scanner wrote:
someone1980 wrote:
gyrfalcon wrote:

Depending on the size, I'd be happy to store it for you in my garage. Of course, my fee would be to sit in on the training sessions & use the machine as well.

Being that I have 4 bikes in the garage right now, we may be limited on space. :lol:

MM

Ya. The round trip commute would be about 28 hours. :)

offtopic: CO is awesome. We had 70F weather last month. Snow melts in 2 days, we don't bother shoveling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:31 pm 

Gaygoalie wrote:
Quote:
I have absolutely no problem with this law going into effect, as long as it applies to the 1st amendment as well.

Point well made. Substitute book for firearm. :wink:

Want to speak in public? Pass a test, be background checked, be issued a permit, carry it with you. You are not allowed to speak in schools. If you start speaking in a store and are asked to leave, you must exit the building. 8)

Want 'large capacity' to print a newsletter. A special license can be obtained with intensive background checks and substantial fees. :roll:

Want to start a Forum? The next available training is full. You may start the application process by sending your $10,000 deposit to our office. When class space is available we will notify you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

"I disagree with what you say, but I would fight to the death for your right to say it." Voltaire

"I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant." Chunkstyle

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.