Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Will Al be a thief? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:29 am 

princewally wrote:
someone1980 wrote:
If he wins he is going to get a short simple email from me explaining, once again, why he should not have voted for the bailout.

Me too.

...and you will get a canned response about why it was "necessary" ... I did. I strongly dislike Coleman, but I hate franken, so I voted for Norm.

MNbasecamp.com - Minnesota Outdoors Community

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:54 am 
Longtime Regular

princewally wrote:
someone1980 wrote:
If he wins he is going to get a short simple email from me explaining, once again, why he should not have voted for the bailout.

Me too.

Me three. Although I will add that I was one of the over 400,000 Minnesotans who voted for Barkley instead of Coleman. If there are 300 of us out there who voted that way, his margin would have doubled except for that bailout vote. Given the number of people who opposed the bailout I would be surprised if there weren't 10 times that many who did as I did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:03 pm 

My wife considers herself a Dem and will typically vote that way, except this time she said there was no way she could vote for F____. She went to Barkley.
I wasn't pleased with Coleman and filled the circle for Barkley. I really expected to see more votes for him on Weds. Norm could've (should've) pulled this off easily against the wing-nut but couldn't pull through. It is time for new blood in this race.

Volunteers. Nominations. Suggestions.

"I disagree with what you say, but I would fight to the death for your right to say it." Voltaire

"I may not be allowed to eat the apples any more, but strolling through the orchard is certainly pleasant." Chunkstyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

bkrafft wrote:
...Given the number of people who opposed the bailout I would be surprised if there weren't 10 times that many who did as I did.

If Coleman hadn't voted for the bailout I would not have voted Libertarian in that race.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:12 pm 

My vote for Coleman was purely a vote to keep Franken out of office... I'm glad... Looks like he needed all that he could get.

MNbasecamp.com - Minnesota Outdoors Community

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:52 am 
Raving Moderate

Tex wrote:
My wife considers herself a Dem and will typically vote that way, except this time she said there was no way she could vote for F____. She went to Barkley. <snip>

Yup. Me too.

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:34 am 

Incakola wrote:
My vote for Coleman was purely a vote to keep Franken out of office... I'm glad... Looks like he needed all that he could get.

I felt the same way....

Derek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:
Scott Hughes wrote:
I believe for a GOP candidate this is the end for Coleman. He may win this time, but that's it. After that....Toast....

Nah. 6 years is a long time in politics. He might get to ride new Republican coat tails by then.

Actually he wasn't even going to run again this time around. He's smart enough to know that with a Senate term under his belt he can make many times more money in the private sector as a lobbyist or a consultant.

But a couple years ago his political elders sat him down and convinced him to go for at least one more term.

I would fully expect this to be his last term, although not for political reasons.

I would also fully expect this to be Pawlenty's last term as well. It's no secret he has higher aspirations. Only question is if he waits for Coleman's seat to vacate or jumps earlier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:42 pm 

someone1980 wrote:

Colman will probably respond to your email unlike Amy Klobuchar or Al Franken...

I wouldn't dare to tell anyone how to vote especially when other parties are involved, but Coleman does have an A+ rating from the NRA.

Last edited by gyrfalcon on Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:46 pm 
Longtime Regular

gyrfalcon wrote:
someone1980 wrote:

Colman will probably respond to your email unlike representatives like Amy Klobuchar or Al Franken...

I wouldn't dare to tell anyone how to vote especially when other parties are involved, but Coleman does have an A+ rating from the NRA.

Coleman has responded to EVERY email or letter I have sent him. Usually a canned response, but not always.

Klobuchar has NEVER responded. Even Ellison sends a canned response.

--------------------
Next MN carry permit class: TBD.

Permit to Carry MN
--------------------

jason <at> metrodefense <dot> com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

princewally wrote:
Coleman has responded to EVERY email or letter I have sent him. Usually a canned response, but not always.

Klobuchar has NEVER responded. Even Ellison sends a canned response.

Same experience...except for Ellison. Don't write to him, he's not my rep. Kline is and it's not often I even have issues with him.

Not sure I've gotten anything but a planned response from Coleman though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:49 pm 
Longtime Regular

I haven't seen an update on this for a while ... the news is saying Franken is ahead and will probably take the seat. I hope this isn't true ... I can just imagine that idiot showing up for all the 'repeal conceal' things at the capital. And as we all know, Franken is a very pushy individual.

Let's hope the ballot count swings the other way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:55 pm 

SultanOfBrunei wrote:
bkrafft wrote:
...Given the number of people who opposed the bailout I would be surprised if there weren't 10 times that many who did as I did.

If Coleman hadn't voted for the bailout I would not have voted Libertarian in that race.

Ditto.

I keep my promise to him. I told him in an e-mail that I would not vote for him if he supported that pile of crap.

Guess he did not listen to myself and the majority of people he was suppose to be representing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:45 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, Coleman said HE would simply concede if HE was behind. Guess Coleman has reconsidered .....He fighting in court, just as Franken is..... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:00 pm 

I don't know what would be worse. MN with Franken and Klobuchar or NY with Schumer and Kennedy.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.