Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 This should be a good thing for gun rights 
 Post subject: This should be a good thing for gun rights
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:48 am 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
State Rep. Tom Emmer to run for governor

State Rep. Tom Emmer, a Delano Republican, today officially announced he will run for governor in 2010.

"Now is the time for real leadership," Emmer said in a press release. "We must turn the tide on the rapid growth of government. If our great state is ever going to return to the days of prosperity, the days when we attracted the best of the best, the most innovative and the most creative, we must fundamentally change our course."

An attorney, Emmer, 48, is serving his third term in the Minnesota House, representing District 19B which takes in eastern Wright County.

An outspoken conservative, he is one of the most loquacious debaters on the House floor. He was the deputy House minority leader during the 2007 and 2008 sessions.

"Over the past couple of decades, we have stood silently by as the public bureaucracies have grown at an astounding pace at the expense of our private economy," he said. "Our employers are leaving. Our jobs have been following them. This cannot continue if our children and grandchildren have any hope of enjoying the American dream here in Minnesota."

Emmer and his wife, Jacquie, have seven children. For more information, visit his Web site at www.emmerforgovernor.com.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: This should be a good thing for gun rights
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:46 am 
Longtime Regular

Tom's a member at my club. Perhaps some chirping from a little birdy helped to incite this....

Btw he's far more in favor of returning things to the original intent of the constitution than you'll be let on to in public. He has to tone it down just a bit not to come accross as a "nut assed extremist" like the Country's forefathers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:44 pm 

This is the first I have heard of him, and I like it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

My only concern about Tom Emmer is, is he electable in a statewide election?? I hope so because I would be very much unopposed to him as governor.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:55 pm 

DeanC wrote:
Quote:
State Rep. Tom Emmer to run for governor

State Rep. Tom Emmer, a Delano Republican, today officially announced he will run for governor in 2010.

"Now is the time for real leadership," Emmer said in a press release. "We must turn the tide on the rapid growth of government. If our great state is ever going to return to the days of prosperity, the days when we attracted the best of the best, the most innovative and the most creative, we must fundamentally change our course."

An attorney, Emmer, 48, is serving his third term in the Minnesota House, representing District 19B which takes in eastern Wright County.

An outspoken conservative, he is one of the most loquacious debaters on the House floor. He was the deputy House minority leader during the 2007 and 2008 sessions.

"Over the past couple of decades, we have stood silently by as the public bureaucracies have grown at an astounding pace at the expense of our private economy," he said. "Our employers are leaving. Our jobs have been following them. This cannot continue if our children and grandchildren have any hope of enjoying the American dream here in Minnesota."

Emmer and his wife, Jacquie, have seven children. For more information, visit his Web site at www.emmerforgovernor.com.

He is my rep and he is an outstanding person. More than once I've called and asked to leave a message for Tom and he says, no need it's me Bob, how can I help. He has been very effective in the MN House.

I don't think he could be better on guns and be electable in MN. He is an attorney, but he is personable and pretty straight forward for a politician. Want to meet him, I suspect you can at the Wright County Friends of the NRA meeting at the Maple Lake VFW on Monday August 30th. Tom and Linda, our state senator is also always there and Michelle Bachman is also frequently there too. However, if your 2nd Amendment friendly Sheriff Gary Miller wins another gun this year, well, I'll be suspicious.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor -PPITH, PPOTH & RTBAV
BCA Certified Training Organization under PPA
Minnesota Permit to Carry Instructor
Utah Certified CFP Instructor
NRA CRSO, IDPA CSO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:10 pm 
Longtime Regular

Didn't we meet him at the GRG?

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

Yup he was there. Gave a little speech even.

I don't think some were real receptive to a politician getting on a soapbox, regardless of who it was, but for the most part we politely listened. And then David Gross got in a debate with him....I felt bad for Tom. Poor guy never saw it coming.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:56 am 

IDPA Shooter wrote:
Wright County Friends of the NRA meeting at the Maple Lake VFW on Monday August 30th.

Details (Time etc..)??/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:03 pm 
Longtime Regular

Any idea what his chances are in the primary? I hadn't heard of him either... not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

"If man will not work, he shall not eat" (2 Th 3:14)
"If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" -Jesus (Luke 22:36)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:02 am 
Longtime Regular

The primary isn't until Sept 7, 2010.

The Republican endorsing convention isn't until April 2010.

It's a long road.

I got this from Pat (Awada) Anderson's campaign this AM:

Quote:
This is from the August 23, 2009 analysis of the Minnesota Governors race from Election Advantage:

“11) (9) Minnesota (Pawlenty-R) The GOP lost their strongest possible candidate with Fmr. Rep. Jim Ramstad (R) deciding not to run. It seems like practically the entire state of Minnesota is running, although a few candidate have been separating themselves. On the Democratic side, Fmr. Sen. Mark Dayton is well-known, while R.T. Rybak could have an edge as the mayor of the state's largest city (Minneapolis). For the Republicans, Fmr. Auditor Pat Anderson is the only statewide elected official in the race, while Marty Seifert stands out as the State House Minority Leader.”

http://www.electionadvantage.net/

Also, be sure to stop by the Republican Party booth at the State Fair and say hi to Pat…and enjoy the last days of summer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

DeanC wrote:
The primary isn't until Sept 7, 2010.

The Republican endorsing convention isn't until April 2010.

It's a long road.

Agreed...however, the GOP candidates will have to be weeded out fairly quickly (and they realize that). With the likely DFL candidates money will be the deciding factor and unless you've already demonstrated you can raise mega bucks quickly and consistently, you're not a viable candidate.

Seifert has already demonstrated he can, but he's getting some backlash from the whole Laura Brod thing
Emmer has very popular with the delegates, and from what I've seen the Ron Paul contingent are lining up behind Emmer.
Pat Anderson is the only candidate who has won state-wide office but doesn't seem to be lining up much in the way of passionate support
Paul Kohls is a great speaker...whether that translates into donations and volunteers is TBD.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.