Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:31 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Minneapolis' 5 year plan, 1 year in already 
 Post subject: Minneapolis' 5 year plan, 1 year in already
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:20 pm 

As a new employee of the city, I just went through the required orientation. Part of the orientation include 6 goals created by RT and the Council, intended for completion in 5 years. As I said, the initiative began last year.

What does this have to do with guns in MN? Glad you asked!

The first goal is to make the City of Minneapolis "A Safe Place To Call Home." The first desired step to take to accomplish this? Guns, gangs and graffiti gone. As I understand this specific step, guns is all inclusive. Now, I'm not sure exactly how they plan to do it, but outside of trying to change the CCW law, what can they do?

I'm not necessarily trying to stir anything up. I'm just reporting what I have learned. RT and the Council don't want any guns on the street unless they are in the hands of law enforcement.

Side note - I'm obviously all for the gangs and graffiti being gone . . . :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
RT and the Council don't want any guns on the street PERIOD

I thought that you were going to tell us something new, not intended as a shot at you, but MPLS/Hennepin are tied at the hip with St Paul/Ramsey to assure that the inner cities stay dependent and in chaos, as it draws millions in state and federal dollars, and creates lots of new jobs, committees, study groups, and feel good(but accomplish nothing) opportunities for suburbanite soccer moms/emasculated males.

To hell with your individual rights and independence..... :evil:

Have you asked yourself why none of the magic 4 (MPLS/Hennepin, St Paul/Ramsey) require their employees to live in the city/county that employees them. Why are significant numbers suburbanites, especially those making the decisions......... :twisted:

.ETA: Crap, I just realized that you live in Burnsville - your kids don't play soccer do they........ :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:54 pm 

Sip doesn't have any kids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

Maybe he coaches.......... :wink:

Sorry Sip, in neither post did I intend any offense.............
I'm just venting tonight.... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:04 pm 

hammAR wrote:
Have you asked yourself why none of the magic 4 (MPLS/Hennepin, St Paul/Ramsey) require their employees to live in the city/county that employees them. Why are significant numbers suburbanites, especially those making the decisions......... :twisted:

No, but from a law enforcement standpoint, no department can require/demand their cops live within city limits. That's a state statute (don't have which right in front of me though . . . . . )

EricMN wrote:
hammAR wrote:
.ETA: Crap, I just realized that you live in Burnsville - your kids don't play soccer do they........ :shock:

Sip doesn't have any kids

LOL . . . . . my friend EricMN is right . . . . . . . . . why do you ask?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:07 pm 

hammAR wrote:
Maybe he coaches.......... :wink:

Sorry Sip, in neither post did I intend any offense.............
I'm just venting tonight.... :cry:

None was taken, my friend. Venting is good. Venting is wise.

No, I don't coach, but I once considered officiating for basketball. Only long enough to find that even above and beyond the zebra get up, I had to pay yearly association dues! Essentially, I had to pay money to make money. I'm missing the logic with that.

But I digress . . . . . . . .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:29 am 
Forum Moderator/<br>AV Geek

One way Minneapolis is attempting to rid the city of guns is to force out any gun shops and FFLs.

The last gun shop in Minneapolis has had a long and interesting battle with the city.

As far as FFLs, if they move, the city will not sign the paperwork for a new FFL.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:57 am 
Longtime Regular

I thought midnight basketball, lemonade, and gun buy backs already solved the crime problem?

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.