Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Feb 28 Rally at Capitol 
 Post subject: Feb 28 Rally at Capitol
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:22 pm 
Longtime Regular

The Million Moms Rally is 9 to 10AM Feb 28 at the Capitol........

Support for background checks and Oppose the "Shoot First Bill.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:29 pm 

Sounds like a counter rally should be held. If we could get 1/10 of the permit holders in the state I would say we would WAY outnumber them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:32 pm 
The Man

Burnsville Guy wrote:
Sounds like a counter rally should be held. If we could get 1/10 of the permit holders in the state I would say we would WAY outnumber them!
Sure -- that said, 5000 folks would be more than we'd get.

Do we really want to ask folks to take a day off just to show that we outnumber Heather and the Three Mommies? We're probably going to need to show up, this year, over more important matters.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

At 10 AM they meet in 200 State Office Building, then meet with legislators till noon.

Then, I suppose, it's off to lunch, and the Mall?

Do they do anything, or is this just something for the Grant Report?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:47 pm 
The Man

Dick Unger wrote:
At 10 AM they meet in 200 State Office Building, then meet with legislators till noon.

Then, I suppose, it's off to lunch, and the Mall?

Do they do anything, or is this just something for the Grant Report?
They've got a couple of issues going. One's that they're crying that if (really: when) Tony Cornish's Stand Your Ground bill becomes law, the sky will fall. Just like it did when the carry law passed.

They're coordinating with the Brady Bunch; February 28 is their national Panic at Your Legislature day.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:14 pm 
On time out

ONe thing we can do is make sure the newsy's who show up show the whole crowd that this attracts on TV. last year it was one SO and one offspring as the total attendance figure. They have NO repeat NO popular support and rely on news media propaganda to tout their issue.

Post subject: Feb 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:23 pm 

A Thursday and I work!! Not like the liberal MOMS. Maybe the snow or a cold day.

Post subject: Re: Feb 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:28 pm 
The Man

Tabsr wrote:
A Thursday and I work!! Not like the liberal MOMS. Maybe the snow or a cold day.
Sure. Serious question: if and when somebody you thought had a few clues said it was important to show up, would you take a vacation/unpaid day off and do it?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:38 pm 
Longtime Regular

Wish I could, but I don't think I can. Next Thursday AM is just not good.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject: Re: Feb 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
Tabsr wrote:
Sure. Serious question: if and when somebody you thought had a few clues said it was important to show up, would you take a vacation/unpaid day off and do it?

Sure would, but I'm out of state for work that day (most of the week, really) for the first time in months. Go figure... :(

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

I've never been there for Mom's day, (and won't make this one either).

But if only a half dozen Moms are going to be there, to placate the people who give them money, I suppose it'd be kind of silly to give them a meda event by encouraging a crowd of people to attend their rally.

It'd be better to attend a positive event sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:09 pm 
Longtime Regular

Dick Unger wrote:

But if only a half dozen Moms are going to be there, to placate the people who give them money, I suppose it'd be kind of silly to give them a meda event by encouraging a crowd of people to attend their rally.

Just got the gist of Joel's post through yours, Dick. Sorry, been sick lately and it must be affecting my logic skills. :oops:

Yup, if and WHEN somebody with clues says something is worth it, I'd take a day and show.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:22 pm 
The Man

mrokern wrote:
Dick Unger wrote:

Just got the gist of Joel's post through yours, Dick. Sorry, been sick lately and it must be affecting my logic skills. :oops:

Yup, if and WHEN somebody with clues says something is worth it, I'd take a day and show.

-Mark
Cool. And that's why people who hold positions of responsibility in the movement -- like Joe -- and others who some folks think also have a clue or two (like, on a good day, me) will ask you to do that when it's important enough, and won't when it isn't.

Every time -- literally: every time -- that I've either seen an event where Joe has asked folks to show up in quantity (a fair number, over the years), or have organized one myself (once), we've outnumbered the antis significantly. That hasn't gone unnoticed up at the Capitol.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:22 pm 
Wise Elder

They got permission to bring an "AR-14" to their press conference.
Nice visual for the media.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:01 pm 

ar-14--->http://www.usscadmus.com/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.