Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 MN Reps Pro and antigun List 
 Post subject: MN Reps Pro and antigun List
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:27 pm 

We need to keep a list of the MN politicians supporting the 2nd Amendment.

Here is mine and a recent email.
Dear Thomas,

As an owner of three guns myself, I am very concerned about some of the bills that are being proposed that will infringe on my gun ownership rights. Please know I am watching these bills very carefully.

Sincerely,

Sarah Anderson
State Representative
Plymouth & Medicine Lake
229 State Office Building
100 MLK Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-296-5511

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

Clearly Rep Anderson needs more guns, someone should invite her to the Shooters' Show at Bills GS. :whistling:

Post subject: Re: MN Reps Pro and antigun List
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

Tabsr wrote:
We need to keep a list of the MN politicians supporting the 2nd Amendment.

It'd be handy to have such a list, but what do you define as "supporting" 2A? There are varying degrees of support. Pick 10 issues (AWB, carry laws, registration, constitutional amendment, etc) and the range of support will be from 0 issues to all 10 issues. What do you propose as a litmus test? Perhaps a score instead? Does the NRA cover state legislators?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:10 pm 

I'm sure there are some that are 100% on "our side", and others that are 100% not. Those should be pretty easy to ID. The question about how to 'rank' the others is a good one. Do you set up a simple "grading" scale, giving a simple percentage or letter grade, or do you determine an order of priority for bills that come up and rank those that are for & against them based on the bill priority?

For example, which do you consider more important - the Castle Doctrine bill, or the bill to close the so-called "gun show loophole" by requiring all sales to be done thru FFL's? I don't have the answer to that, but it makes sense to me try, rather than creating a simple vote count based grade.

Good luck!

"It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:09 am 

It might be best to try and get each rep to answer only five questions, yes or no, on different topics. Then we can set up a matrix chart which will allow anyone to very easily see where every rep stands on each of the five issues at a glance. If people want to add an A-F letter grade onto each rep that's fine as well. However I'm sure even some of us here differ in our positions on certain topics, therefore having the information of how the rep feels on individual ideas would be very helpful.

Of course this is assuming we can get all the reps to answer us, but a little persistence goes a long way.

Protect yourself and the ones you love.

NRA Certified Instructor
MADFI Certified Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:16 am 
Longtime Regular

Uh, yeah, GOCRA did all this before the last election.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:20 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Uh, yeah, GOCRA did all this before the last election.

Is that info available online?

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.