Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:30 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Use your share of STATE money. 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:50 am 
Longtime Regular

Nothing wrong with a soapbox, you run a private school. And without references to political issues, you really can't logically explain the oddities of the gun laws, which are almost always based directly on politics and almost never on fact or logic. It was a good comment from a student, hopefully he'll think a little more about his comment.

But, if you mix or confuse the political gun issues with other conservative issues, or refer to opponents as the liberals or Democrats, or morons, you do lose about half of the people, I think.

More and more, it's a real mistake to assume gunnies are "right thinking conservatives". But it's an easy mistake to make. The Dem leadership makes that mistake all the time. The Rep leadership makes it too, less often, they assume they've got gunnies in the bag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:23 am 

kimberman wrote:
cobb wrote:
One student that just happened to be an attorney,

A certain % of attorneys are cheapskates and a**holes to boot.

I am pretty sure there is a joke somewhere addressing this issue... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:30 am 
Longtime Regular

Well, there's always the "isolated incident".....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:09 am 

What fund does the rebate money come out of?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:37 am 
Longtime Regular

MnMonte wrote:

Our wallets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:40 am 
Wise Elder

SultanOfBrunei wrote:
MnMonte wrote:

Our wallets.

Yes, but it is already gone when income taxes are collected. This, at least, lets YOU decide where it gets spent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:31 am 

SultanOfBrunei wrote:
MnMonte wrote:

Our wallets.

I already knew as much. I never could bring myself to give any of my hard earned money to a politician no matter how much I thought he championed a cause that I beleived in. My vote alone should be worth $50.00 to them. I email them and let them know what I want them to support and that I will be watching how they vote. If they don't vote accordingly they do not get my vote in the elections.
We have a tight family budget. Pay the bills and have a bit left over for a little entertainment. The government already takes from me what they want and it seems they want more all the time. They have already taken the money from me if they have it there to give it back.
This rebate arrangement only serves to aggravate me further. Take my money and hold it hostage untill I give them more. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:32 pm 

MnMonte wrote:
We have a tight family budget. Pay the bills and have a bit left over for a little entertainment. The government already takes from me what they want and it seems they want more all the time. They have already taken the money from me if they have it there to give it back.
This rebate arrangement only serves to aggravate me further. Take my money and hold it hostage untill I give them more. :x

Wouldn't it be great to just squeeze your clients or customers every time you wanted more money? Just keep raising the rates... if you were their only supplier you could.

This government has no limits. Their paychecks aren't going away. They don't have to worry about "competition" for their "services". Thankfully the state is forced to balance the budget every couple of years, but unfortunately they just keep raising taxes to do it. I am more than pissed off about the attitude taken by our legislators regarding Pawlenty's recent veto. Like a bunch of thugs - they strut around grousing about how they will force the issue. Why do we *NEED* to spend 70 million dollars on a public transportation system between Minneapolis and St. Paul? Anyone? Maybe so my brother-in-law's company can move their heavy equipment back and forth to save fuel? They are bleeding from the cost of fuel. We *need* this rail bus? I don't think so. It really riles me up that they are so arrogant, particularly in this economy, as to take such a position on this issue, among the many others that we really don't need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:31 pm 
Longtime Regular

(not to thread hijack, but.... some of you guys should really come to the Tax Cut rally Saturday at noon, at the state capital. It is put on by Minnesota's Tax Cut Coalition, and KTLK.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:43 am 

SultanOfBrunei wrote:
(not to thread hijack, but.... some of you guys should really come to the Tax Cut rally Saturday at noon, at the state capital. It is put on by Minnesota's Tax Cut Coalition, and KTLK.)

Yes, thank you. I plan on being there, and dragging as many people as I can. I want all Minnesotans to begin to demand government reforms, starting with reducing and eliminating taxes, and the related welfare programs that are thriving on them. Then, we can focus on reforming the way legislation is created - forcing a justification process for new bills, one that requires a consensus of constituents in order to introduce it!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.