Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:01 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Use your share of STATE money. 
 Post subject: Use your share of STATE money.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:49 pm 
Wise Elder

The state of Minnesota will reimburse an individual for up to $50 of political contributions to a state candidate each year. They'll reimburse a couple for up to $100. That makes the contribution FREE.

50,000 permit holders TIMES $50 each EQUALS $2,500,000 per year.

THAT IS TWO MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS.

For a two year election cycle, it is $5,000,000.oo. If we picked a realistic 50 Senate candidates and 100 House candidates, who accept the public subsidy, the most they can accept in contributions is only $6,200,000.oo. We'd fund over 80%% of the campaign.

There is no reason for gun owners not to "own" the state Legislature but our own neglect.!

Last edited by kimberman on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:08 pm 
On time out

Explain the mechanics of making this work, AND does this apply to candidates outside our districts, IE< can I commit 50 dollars to Pat P from farmington, when I live in Mounds View, or do I have to keep it inside the district....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:14 pm 
Wise Elder

1911fan wrote:
Explain the mechanics of making this work, AND does this apply to candidates outside our districts, IE< can I commit 50 dollars to Pat P from farmington, when I live in Mounds View, or do I have to keep it inside the district....

You send your check for up to $50 (or $100) to ANY candidate for any state office and they send the refund claim form (partially filled out) back to you. You complete the form and send it in. Refund arrives in about three weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:03 am 
Longtime Regular

The legislators will send you a form which you use to recapture your contibution in my experience. Form EP 3. Send it in like you would a tax form, and get a check a few weeks later.

I think you have until April 15, 2009 to send in the form for anything you pay out in 2008.

Your max for the year is $50 an an induvidual, a married couple can get $100 by joint filing.

This is a State of Minnesota program for giving to candidates for State Offices.

You don't have to stay in your district. You can send money to Tony Cornish, for example. Free to him, free to you. Rest assured the anti's send lots of your money to people who voted this down.

I send $50 each to my Democratic Senator and Democratic Representative; because they always support 2A.

Google Minnesota Campain Donation Refund, there's lots on this.

If you are unable to host fundraiser rallys for officeholders benefits at $500 per head at your Summit Ave. mansion, you can always do this paperwork, at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:58 am 
Longtime Regular

This will also work to support your BPOU (which are generally starved for cash) A side note on this is if your Rep or Senator is of the wishy washy type, giving to your BPOU is a really good thing as your BPOU then starts to have another 'stick' which they can use to beat said elected official when they cross the BPOU's wishes. Our BPOU started paying for their own bouthe at the county fair - we then distributed what WE thought was important - which thoughly annoyed our Senator, who wished to be less confrontational.

I understand the Dems would like to do away with this program. Even though this program was THEIR idea. Seems folks of the conservative bent utilize it much more frequently then those on the other side of the isle.

Mostly-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:53 am 

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
This will also work to support your BPOU (which are generally starved for cash) A side note on this is if your Rep or Senator is of the wishy washy type, giving to your BPOU is a really good thing as your BPOU then starts to have another 'stick' which they can use to beat said elected official when they cross the BPOU's wishes. Our BPOU started paying for their own bouthe at the county fair - we then distributed what WE thought was important - which thoughly annoyed our Senator, who wished to be less confrontational.

I understand the Dems would like to do away with this program. Even though this program was THEIR idea. Seems folks of the conservative bent utilize it much more frequently then those on the other side of the isle.

Mostly-

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "BPOU"?

Thanks,

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:01 am 
Longtime Regular

My district 18 state rep and senator have been good supporters and deserve my support, however, is there a close race where it might be effective to send my contribution outside of my district?
Thanks

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:12 am 
Longtime Regular

elonm wrote:
mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:

Mostly-

Pardon my ignorance, but what is "BPOU"?

Thanks,

David

Basic Political Organization Unit

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:00 am 
Longtime Regular

It works great! I do it every year.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Got mine back in about 3 weeks
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:53 pm 
Journeyman Member

Wife and I sent $100 to Mike Beard. We got our check about 3 weeks later. Simple, easy process. Everyone on this forum should be using their "state" money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:06 pm 
1911 tainted

WOW, this exact topic has been out here for at least the last two years on this forum, nobody noticed?

Maybe some are just ignoring any post's made by cobb, so the info was overlooked. :?

I have been donating for years to my Representative, Tony Cornish. It will cost you a couple envelopes and stamps, but if the very minimal paperwork is done correctly, you will get a full refund of what you donated from the state in 4-6 weeks, maybe less. I donated in February this year and had my state check back in March, Tony is good at getting out reminders within the first month of the year, which I appreciate the reminder because of what Tony does.

So a $100 donation for a married couple to your favorite Minnesota politician with about 10 minutes of your time and about $1 cost to you, what a deal........

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:07 am 

cobb wrote:
WOW, this exact topic has been out here for at least the last two years on this forum, nobody noticed?

Maybe some are just ignoring any post's made by cobb, so the info was overlooked. :?
<snip>.

Nope, it is just general apathy cobb. I am so guilty of it myself. But I've vowed to make reparations. We all need to speak up or learn to love what is happening to our country, because it is rollin on in strong as can be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:47 am 
Wise Elder

All instructors should make certain that their 100's of students know about this opportunity. That's where the money and influence is!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:08 am 
1911 tainted

kimberman wrote:
All instructors should make certain that their 100's of students know about this opportunity. That's where the money and influence is!
I agree. At the end of my classes I usually talk a couple minutes about getting involved, or at least writing letters and contacting their legislator. Not only on 2nd amendment issues, but taxes, or several other issues that are being pushed at us from the other side.

One student that just happened to be an attorney, kept looking down at my feet and finally asked where my soap box was. I didn't pick a side on the issues, just pointed out that they should get involved.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:31 am 
Wise Elder

cobb wrote:
One student that just happened to be an attorney,

A certain % of attorneys are cheapskates and a**holes to boot.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.