Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:31 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 CSM "lie-in" at the Capitol 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:06 pm 

I think a large number of people showing up and standing quietly witnessing this group of "victims" lying on the ground, with signs that say (1 armed citizen could have stopped this, or whatever we come up with) gives enough voice to our cause.

What we need is the right message and an obvious "togetherness". With those two things, we can let them carry on and get our message out at the same time.

They like the "32" number. Just imagine if we had 64 people, about the same number that came to the castle doctrine hearing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

delete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:39 pm 
Longtime Regular

removed for now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:51 am 

Okay - in order to make shirts, I need to know how many people want one - ASAP in order to get them done for April 16th! Please make a commitment with size and quantity via private message. These shirts are "durable" in use, there will be plenty of opportunities to reuse them (unfortunately) for other legislative events. I am looking for high quality t-shirts made in the USA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:42 am 

here is another version (revision) of the shirt. Any input on the statement will be appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:09 am 

I can't make it to the protest, but I love that shirt.

[EDIT] I liked the first version of the t-shirt better.

Protect yourself and the ones you love.

NRA Certified Instructor
MADFI Certified Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:06 pm 
Longtime Regular

From the Brady bunch page

You can go here to light a virtual candle. That sure gives me a warm fuzzy. I lit mine in honor of "All those who died needlessly because they were prevented from the right of self defense."

Unfortunately I don't see anywhere that it's made public.

I think we should volunteer to be victims and wear a shirt that says, "If only I had been able to defend myself..."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:52 am 
Journeyman Member

I can possibly make it. Anyone else going? I've been looking for an excuse to wear my Students for Concealed Carry on Campus shirt. http://www.cafepress.com/sccc_gfz.178973314

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:19 am 
Longtime Regular

I'm thinking of making a showing, too. Maybe I'll make a sign : "Permit Holders Could Save These Lives " or some such.

I could even dress in black, and infiltrate.

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:20 pm 
Wise Elder

There is going to be a INFORMATIONAL hearing on the effects of the federal NICS Improvements Act on Minnesota. Minnesota has reguired the DHS and Courts to provide the BCA with committment data "by electronic means" for 14 years but they never have. Now FEDERAL law will make them do so.

Quote:
HF 2531 Persons prohibited from possessing firearms for reasons of mental health statutory list amended by cross-referencing federal law, and state agency reporting required.

Wed April 30th, 2008 Information Only Hearing
Basement SOB
1 pm
Chair Neva Walker
Mental Health Division Hearing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:42 pm 
Longtime Regular

If they're having a lie-in, shouldn't we have a truth-in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:53 pm 

If "they" have a large showing, it would be important for "us" to show up large as well. It sounds like they are having trouble getting 32 people to sign up.

The response I got on the shirts wasn't enough to go through the trouble this time, and I am in the midst of a major server recovery operation, so I will not get any shirts made for this. I however see a lot of potential in "Ban Stupid" opportunities on the horizon... just like there will be no shortage of opportunities to respond to anti-gun activists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, I checked my calendar, and saw that I had a dentist appointment coinciding with this protest. So I changed it, adn went today. Stopped off at Target on the way for some poster board.

I'll be there. Anyone know what part of the Capitol complex it will be held? Front steps?

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

I will try my best to be there. Is anyone that has "self defense is a human right" buttons to sell be there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:56 am 
Longtime Regular

Here's my sign:

It's handmade and looks it, but it gets the point across.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.