Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:21 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 OBAMA 
 Post subject: OBAMA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:10 pm 

Check the news on Obama speech in CA to the wealthy liberals. He slammed small town America for believing in God, guns and hunting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:24 pm 
Longtime Regular

Awesome!

That speech should get circulated around this state.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:48 pm 
Longtime Regular

EDIT: Never mind, you meant the Pennsylvania remarks.

Yeah, that was definitely an open-mouth / insert-foot-to-ankle moment...

I'm not naive enough to think the purpose of the remarks was to slam small town America, but as someone who has the degree in Poli Sci and has worked on a number of campaigns, I'd say there is a speech writer who needs to get a new job.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

A quick note, lest my post above lead someone to think I'm backing his remarks.

I'm not an Obama supporter, for many reasons. The main one is that I've yet to hear anything of substance come out of his mouth. I'm watching all 3 major candidates right now with what could be best described as "detached disgust".

I do take some offense to that viewpoint, as a gun owner and as an evangelical Christian. I also don't think that he is necessarily anything more than a mouthpiece for a certain demographic at the moment. He (and more specifically, his handlers) are playing to a group that reacts entirely on emotion. Unfortunately, they are doing a good job of it.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Speech Writer Job?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:50 pm 

The candidate Obama needs to find a new job!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:00 pm 

Let's just hope it isn't President of the United States...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:10 am 
Longtime Regular

Obama is an sly chameleon, always trying to fit in with the crowd he is currently courting. He is as bad as they come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:36 am 

It is comforting to see the Democratic Party make such a spectacle of themselves in front of God and everyone. They are showing their true colors in high definition! Too bad so many people only glance at it as they rush through the voting booth. If the situation were flipped (single Democratic candidate and two Republicans), I'm certain Mr McCain would jump in the ol mudhole himself, even though he's seemed to vow not to. It speaks volumes about the lengths to which they are willing to go for money and power. The “truth” it appears, is whatever gets covered in the press. The real truth shines bright when you see how they clamor to try to spin the stories.

Post subject: Obama Quote
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:52 pm 

'Don't tell me words don't matter'* -
Barack Obama

Post subject: Hussein Obama
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:46 pm 

This is going around about Obama, I can't see how he would ever win a national election but there are alot of fruit cakes out there and he will probably win big in MN but Karl Marx would win here if he was on the ballot and still kicking.

Subject: What a Black Columnist has to say about Obama.

>
>
>
> This one can't be proven false or true as it is one man's opinion and the man is Ken Blackwell, a columnist for the New York Sun. He is also black which really shouldn't make a difference...
>
> It's an amazing time to be alive in America . We're in a year of firsts in this presidential election : the first viable woman candidate; the first viable African-American candidate; and, a candidate who is the first frontrunning freedom fighter over 70. The next president of America will be a first.
> We won't truly be in an election of firsts, however, until we judge every candidate by where they stand. We won't arrive where we should be until we no longer talk about skin color or gender. Now that Barack Obama steps to the front of the Democratic field, we need to stop talking about his race, and start talking about his policies and his politics.
> The reality is this: Though the Democrats will not have a nominee until August, unless Hillary Clinton drops out, Mr. Obama is now the frontrunner, and its time America takes a closer and deeper look at him.
>
>
>
> Some pundits are calling him the next John F. Kennedy. He's not. He's the next George McGovern. And it's time people learned the facts.
>
>
>
> Because the truth is, Mr. Obama is the single most liberal senator in the entire U.S. Senate. He is more liberal than Ted Kennedy, Bernie Sanders, or Mrs. Clinton. Never in my life have I seen a presidential frontrunner whose rhetoric is so far removed from his record. Walter Mondale promised to raise our taxes, and he lost. George McGovern promised military weakness, and he lost. Michael Dukakis promised a liberal domestic agenda, and he lost.
> Yet Mr. Obama is promising all those things, and he's not behind in the polls. Why? Because the press has dealt with him as if he were in a beauty pageant. Mr. Obama talks about getting past party, getting past red and blue, to lead the United States of America . But let's look at the more defined strokes of who he is underneath this superficial 'beauty.'
>
>
>
> Start with national security, since the president's most important duties are as commander-in-chief. Over the summer, Mr. Obama talked about invading Pakistan, a nation armed with nuclear weapons; meeting without preconditions with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who vows to destroy Israel and create another Holocaust; and Kim Jong II, who is murdering and starving his people, but emphasized that the nuclear option was off the table against terrorists - something no president has ever taken off the table since we created nuclear weapons in the 1940s.
>
>
>
> Even Democrats who have worked in national security condemned all of those remarks. Mr. Obama is a foreign-policy novice who would put our national security at risk.
> Next, consider economic policy. For all its faults, our health care system is the strongest in the world. And free trade agreements, created by Bill Clinton as well as President Bush, have made more goods more affordable so that even people of modest means can live a life that no one imagined a generation ago. Yet Mr. Obama promises to raise taxes on 'the rich.' How to fix Social Security? Raise taxes. How to fix Medicare? Raise taxes. Prescription drugs? Raise taxes. Free college? Raise taxes. Socialize medicine? Raise taxes. His solution to everything is to have government take it over. Big Brother on steroids, funded by your paycheck.
> Finally, look at the social issues. Mr. Obama had the audacity to open a stadium rally by saying, 'All praise and glory to God! ' but says that Christian leaders speaking for life and marriage have 'hijacked' - hijacked - Christianity. He is pro-partial birth abortion, and promises to appoint Supreme Court justices who will rule any restriction on it unconstitutional. He espouses the abortion views of Margaret Sanger, one of the early advocates of racial cleansing. His spiritual leaders endorse homosexual marriage, and he is moving in that direction. In Illinois , he refused to vote against a statewide ban - ban - on all handguns in the state. These are radical left, Hollywood , and San Francisco values, not Middle America values.
> The real Mr. Obama is an easy target for the general election. Mrs. Clinton is a far tougher opponent. But Mr. Obama could win if people don't start looking behind his veneer and flowery speeches. His vision of 'bringing America together' means saying that those who disagree with his agenda for America are hijackers or warmongers. Uniting the country means adopting his liberal agenda and abandoning any conflicting beliefs. ;
>
>
>
> But right now everyone is talking about how eloquent of a speaker he is and - yes - they're talking about his race. Those should never be the factors on which we base our choice for president. Mr. Obama's radical agenda sets him far outside the American mainstream, to the left of Mrs. Clinton.
> It's time to talk about the real Barack Obama. In an election of firsts, let's first make sure we elect the person who is qualified to be our president in a nuclear age during a global civilizational war.
>
>
> According to The Book of Revelations the anti-christ is:
>
>
> The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything. Is it OBAMA??
>

Post subject: Re: Hussein Obama
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:32 pm 

ronbo wrote:
>
> The anti-christ will be a man, in his 40s, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace, and when he is in power, will destroy everything. Is it OBAMA??
>

No, Obama is a lawyer.
But why take the chance, it's close enough.

Post subject: Re: Hussein Obama
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:39 am 
Longtime Regular

ronbo wrote:
>
>
>
>

Please STOP. As a Christian, I'm offended by this article. I don't like people writing or quoting things that bastardize my beliefs in the name of political gain.

This is beyond incorrect. The Anti-Christ is not mentioned in Revelation, he is mentioned in 1 John and 2 John. The Bible also never says anything about a Muslim being the Antichrist.

Damnit, I don't like the guy either, but keep it truthful already.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:40 am 
Longtime Regular

I need a t-shirt. "Clinging to guns, religion, and antipathy" is my theme song. :wink:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:19 am 
Longtime Regular

The reason that I'm clinging to guns and God has to do with the choices of national leadership, not what happened to the steel industry 25 years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:23 am 
Longtime Regular

Just read about his mocking of Hillary for having a beer and shot of whiskey.

As much as I don't care for her either, at least she picked my favorite beverages! :lol:

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.