Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Seeing a doctor for ADD - will it hurt me in the future? 
 Post subject: Seeing a doctor for ADD - will it hurt me in the future?
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:08 pm 

Not sure if this belongs here, if not let me know...

I think I have ADD, other family members have it and it's starting to affect my career. I'm hesitating to see a doctor for fear that somehow this will "flag" me and hurt my ability to purchase/carry firearms in the future. Is this a valid concern? Anyone else thought of this or been in a similar situation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:20 am 
Journeyman Member

no it should not affect any thing, they only look at mental health. like being commited to a metal hospitol, or mental ward of a regular hospitol. i have had ADD since i was 12. i got my permit no problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:41 am 

It can be an issue if you are thinking about doing military service in your future, but most of that revolves around ritalin if you are prescribed it. Otherwise you should be fine.

Of course you never know what kind of BS laws gun grabbers with try to pass in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:54 am 
Longtime Regular

You need a job to have a place to live, food to eat, etc. At some point in the future you might get screwed on the firearm stuff because of crappy politics, but it won't matter if you starved to death. If the politics starts to go south for you it would be handy to have a job in order to hire a lawyer and donate to firearm related causes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:21 am 

Already did the military thing and no plans to go back. Already have my carry permit, and I'm not going to lose my job because of it. it's just holding me back from advancing any more.

Hard decision.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:47 pm 

I was on medication for that for almost 15 years. Didn't affect my permits at all.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.