Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:40 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Maybe this is where Rep. Thisses in going? 
 Post subject: Maybe this is where Rep. Thisses in going?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:49 am 
Wise Elder

Quote:
More on Connecticut Gun Seizures: …Under the statute, dubbed the "turn in your neighbor" law by opponents, any two police officers or a state prosecutor may seek a warrant, following a specified process of investigation, to confiscate guns from people deemed a risk to harming themselves or others. The vast majority of cases, however, begin when a person – usually a spouse or live-in, according to the OLR report – file a complaint. Shortly after the law was passed, Thompson Bosee, of Greenwich, Conn., had his guns and ammunition seized by police. Bosee told WND in 1999 that he suspects a neighbor, with whom he has had words regarding the neighbor's driving on Bosee's property, might have reported him. "They had a warrant for my guns, they arrested my guns," said Bosee. A member of both the NRA and the American Gunsmithing Association, Bosee said he works on his guns in his garage and is not ashamed of it…

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=71435

Post subject: Re: Maybe this is where Rep. Thisses in going?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:37 pm 
Longtime Regular

kimberman wrote:
Quote:
More on Connecticut Gun Seizures: …Under the statute, dubbed the "turn in your neighbor" law by opponents, any two police officers or a state prosecutor may seek a warrant, following a specified process of investigation, to confiscate guns from people deemed a risk to harming themselves or others. The vast majority of cases, however, begin when a person – usually a spouse or live-in, according to the OLR report – file a complaint. Shortly after the law was passed, Thompson Bosee, of Greenwich, Conn., had his guns and ammunition seized by police. Bosee told WND in 1999 that he suspects a neighbor, with whom he has had words regarding the neighbor's driving on Bosee's property, might have reported him. "They had a warrant for my guns, they arrested my guns," said Bosee. A member of both the NRA and the American Gunsmithing Association, Bosee said he works on his guns in his garage and is not ashamed of it…

Well this sounds a bit like Nazi Germany to me. I wonder why the law believes the squealer over the gun owner. Lord knows nobody would ever try to get back at someone over some perceived wrong done to them by lying to the police.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=71435

Profile E-mail  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.