Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:25 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Taken from "Americas 1st Freedom" NRA journal, 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:58 pm 
Longtime Regular

Well, the NRA may acknowlege some Dems as "valuable allies" but they won't make up stuff about their Rep opponents. I think they are in the same catagory as the Fox network.

But, maybe I'm wrong. Let's all hope so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:34 pm 

Dick Unger wrote:
Well, the NRA may acknowlege some Dems as "valuable allies" but they won't make up stuff about their Rep opponents. I think they are in the same catagory as the Fox network.

But, maybe I'm wrong. Let's all hope so.

What exactly did they "make up" about Al Franken? If you have something that will show us that he isn't someone we should be worried about, then please share it with us so that we can all be enlightened. Until I see some evidence that he isn't, then I'm going to believe that, based on the totality of his beliefs, that he does not like the fact that I am able to have a permit to carry a firearm in public. I would be happy for you to prove me wrong on this one.

I just have to ask this as well--do you feel the same way about CNN and MSNBC that you do about Fox? Do they make up stuff about Republicans and give Democrats a pass?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:14 am 

Mainstream media=hardcore slant to the left (in the tank for obama) if you don't realize it...watch and listen carefully!! If you don't hear or see anything your FAR LEFT and its music to your ears!

"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of goverment with three little words 'We The People'. We the people tell the government what to do, It doesn't tell us."
The Late Great Ronald Reagan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
-Aristotle

Campus Leader-IHCC
Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
www.concealedcampus.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:33 am 
Longtime Regular

The NRA isn't the media; it used to be the gold standard for the shooting world. Now it is emulating the meda.

They have become about people, not about shooting.

I used to be a conservative, it took me a long time to grow up I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:29 am 
Longtime Regular

Scott A wrote:
Dick Unger wrote:
Well, sure. but the Dems are going to be the majority for awhile, and we've got to learn to work with them. The BEST we can hope for is that Congress soes not "do" guns for awhile.

But having the NRA act like a Republican Party puppet just invites Democratic attack. IMHO

Of course, on most other current non-gun issues, I don't agree with the Republicans, so I'm biased too. But I wouldn't try to misrepresent the Reps, as the NRA does with Dems.

Did you actually read the entire article posted at the link? Here are a few excerpts that make me believe you didn't.

Quote:
Montana

Sen. Max Baucus, D, has become a valuable ally in the U.S. Senate, providing a pro-gun bridge to the Senate’s majority party. Senator Baucus has voted to support gun owners’ rights on key issues, such as emergency powers legislation, the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, opposition to the Clinton gun ban and ammunition bans and protection of gun shows from excessive federal regulation. The re-election of Senator Max Baucus will greatly help to protect the pro-gun majority in the Senate.

Quote:
Virginia

With the retirement of anti-gun Senator John Warner, R, there is another opportunity for gun owners to increase their support in the Senate.

Not only was former Governor Jim Gilmore, R, a strong supporter of gun owners’ rights while in office, he has continued his support by becoming a member of the NRA Board of Directors. As governor from 1998 to 2002, Gilmore supported NRA efforts to establish Project Exile and was a strong advocate in Richmond.

Also in the race is former Governor Mark Warner, D. As governor, Mark Warner signed over 20 pro-gun bills, and was a valuable ally for gun owners and sportsmen. However this race turns out, the good news is that Virginia gun owners will have a stronger voice in the U.S. Senate after John Warner retires.

Quote:
The Remaining Races Many pro-gun incumbents are running for re-election in other states, and although their races are not considered tight now, they have earned our strong support: Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., Pat Roberts, R-Kans., Thad Cochran, R-Miss., James Inhofe, R-Okla., Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., Tim Johnson, D-S.D., Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., John Cornyn, R-Texas, Mike Enzi, R-Wyo. and John Barrasso, R-Wyo.

There are also two races for open seats where pro-gun candidates are expected to prevail, but gun-owner support is crucial. In Idaho, both Lt. Gov. Jim Risch, R, and former Congressman Larry LaRocco, D, have strong pro-gun credentials. And in Nebraska, former Governor Mike Johanns, R, is a strong advocate of Second Amendment rights and will be a valuable ally in the Senate.

Hmmm, what's up with the Democrats listed in there as being supported by the NRA? Maybe they aren't as in lock-step with the Republican party as you think.

+1 I was thinkin the same thing, there are quite a few Dems supported there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

The national democratic party has proven themselves over and over to be the party of gun control. Look at their heavy hitters and you have the who's who of gun control. In spite of this, the NRA still backs pro-gun dems. However, Franken is not pro gun. He's pro Al Franken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:18 pm 

Dick Unger wrote:
But, Al might be elected. If not, it will still be a good year for the Democrats. So, if Nancy does propose gun legislation, (I think they will do an "assault weapon" "assault) it will be easy to marginalize the NRA as just more typical Republican fear mongering.

Wait a second. In one sentence you say that they will do an "assault weapon" assault. The VERY NEXT sentence you say the NRA is fear mongering? Which is it? I legitimately fear that the Democrats are coming after my "assault weapons". You admit this is a likely scenario, and every democrat elected will further this scenario. How is the NRA saying "vote democrat and further the loss of you gun rights" fear mongering? Sounds like you don't like the NRA, but agree with their view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:18 pm 
Longtime Regular

No, you've got to persuade Nancy P. NOT to do the assault weapon thing.
Instead, we have the NRA pissing off the Dems, for no reason.

If we have to depend on a Republican majority we'll probably lose the battle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:48 am 
Longtime Regular

Andrew Rothman wrote:
The NRA noticed Minnesota? Must be a fluke.

It's not that they noticed MN, it's that they noticed Al Franken. Franken is well connected with those who finance left-leaning candidates. He has a singular wit and can make a succinct point faster than most of us can say 'hello'. His knack for humor oftentimes makes his words memorable where the ideas of others are forgotten. He enjoys being a lightning-rod so he would make a good point-man for radical agendas. I expect out of Al Franken only those views that are consistent with the leanings of "Air America" and as such I know where that leaves my gun rights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:34 am 
Longtime Regular

Dick Unger wrote:

Riiiiiiiight. Because if the NRA were just nicer to Nancy Pelosi, and just persuaded her that gun rights were human rights, she wouldn't threaten our gun rights. And we could all get pet unicorns, too. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:52 am 

Andrew Rothman wrote:
Dick Unger wrote:

Riiiiiiiight. Because if the NRA were just nicer to Nancy Pelosi, and just persuaded her that gun rights were human rights, she wouldn't threaten our gun rights. And we could all get pet unicorns, too. :roll:
How much prozac do I need to consume before I get to have one of those pet unicorns?

Pelosi will NEVER agree to recognize our gun rights, just as she will NEVER agree to the off shore drilling. I hope her party gets tired of her sabatoging their campaigns that they oust her! (or even better...republicans get the majority and get to put a repub in as leader!)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.