Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:36 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Need a GOOD belt. Any recommendations? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

mostlylawabidingcitizen wrote:
+1 on a Cabela's belt - I have a Ranger belt and it works really well coming from Fleet Farm belts for most of my life. And they look nice too!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0047870951364a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&%2Fcabelas%2Fcommerce%2FCabelasCatalogNumberFinder.giftCertificateURL=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Ftemplates%2Fgiftcertificate%2Fgiftcertificate.jsp%3Fid%3D0005586990011a%26podId%3D0005586%26catalogCode%3DIB%26navAction%3Djump%26indexId%3D&Ntk=Products&QueryText=ranger+belt&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D%3A%2Fcabelas%2Fcommerce%2FCabelasCatalogNumberFinder.giftCertificateURL=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

Mostly-
1911fan wrote:
A good belt at a great price is the Cabela's double thick all leather belt. The G&G belt mentioned is not all leather, and the inner polymer layer will break down quickly if you are like me and needing to really yank back on the belt before latching it. I have two of the cabela's belts, and the one has lasted for well over 10 years, the newer one was/is going to be modded by srigs to a tapered end belt when ever I can get it to him......

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... jsp.form21

Went to Cabela's today. Looked at both belts that you guys recommended. I bought the Ranger belt that Mostly has.

My reason for this particular belt is, the buckle is smaller. Since I spend most of my time sitting at work, larger buckles tend to pinch. Since I'm alergic to pain, I wanted to get away from that. :wink:

So far, I'm pretty pleased with it.

Thanks for the recommendations on the belts guys. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

Although the belt I chose 'does what they say it does', I honestly should've chose the belt ONE SIZE SMALLER!

Yes, I did go to Cabela's 'in person' to buy this belt (yes, I did try it on at the store). It fit FANTASTIC!!!!

Let's be honest here........."Leather stretches'!!!! :?

My 'current belt size' says that I 'need' a size '46' waist. Yes, I even measured it against my 'former belt'.

Since leather does 'stretch'. I'd HIGHLY SUGGEST that you buy a belt ONE SIZE SMALLER!

My 'new belt' performs exceptionally well! BUT, I made the mistake of choosing 'size'46', hoping that it'd 'fit'.

It didn't! :? :roll:

Do I regret my purchase? Not a chance! :twisted:

There's about a 99.9% chance that my big ass will return to it's former size. :roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.