Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 "I've never been made" and other lies 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:22 am 

just for fun, after the breakfast Saturday, I left the Carbon 15 strapped on and went to Bills. I did leave my jacket on, so the upper third of the rig was covered, but I tried to watch the faces as I was walking across the parking lot and while I was in the store, to see who noticed. I did notice a number people that spotted it, but I was surprised that it wasn't a greater percentage! There were only a couple people that really noticed it, one of them being someones kid that pretty much had a straight sight-line at it (they were curious, but not enough to bother mom about it). I did get one knowing grin after someone noticed - I'm was sure he had a pretty good idea what it was!

I expected that the crowd there wouldn't be surprised or concerned about it, but I thought that more people would notice and be curious enough to either ask or at least give a long enough look that I would maybe notice the interest.

It was a fun experiment anyway! The other guy I was with ran into someone from his office while we were there and we talked a bit about the breakfast. At one point I swept back my coat so he could see what I was wearing, and he looked a bit surprised!

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:19 pm 

tullibee wrote:
just for fun, after the breakfast Saturday, I left the Carbon 15 strapped on and went to Bills. ....

Just curious.. how did you carry it? I recently built an AR pistol and have been wondering that if I wanted to, how would be a good way to carry it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:09 pm 

not sure if this link still works or not, but here's a shot Sam took of the debut of the holster. I did the original dreaming it up and formed the kydex and initial leather layout, Srigs was kind enough to let me swing over for technical support and to do the actual stitching, so it's a one-of-a-kind tullibee/sideguard collaboration! (thanks again Eric!)
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/566/m16mangw0.jpg

gun control means hitting where you aim!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

Still one of the most interesting rigs I have been a part of. Thanks for the good story.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:28 am 

Hmm..

Looks like I will just have to use a sling till I can get that creative.

Nice work btw.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.