Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 "I've never been made" and other lies 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:00 pm 
Longtime Regular

I went to a Halloween party, once, dressed as a Gun Nut.

I had my Airsoft Beretta 8040 holstered on my belt.

Someone asked me if it was a real gun. I said, of course not - it it was it wouldn't have been a costume.

(She didn't ask whether it was the only gun I was carrying, so I didn't tell.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

I was able to make out 2 or 3 folks at lunch today!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:01 pm 

Lenny7 wrote:

Ah, I see what you did there. :P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:20 am 

I don't think I was made last friday, as the cop didnt say much.

Got in a fender bender, talked to the lady, waited for the cop, got out and talked to the cop for a minute, got back in and waited for the cop to finish whatever he was doing. He sent her on his way and then walked up to my car, stopped at the back of my car for like 5 seconds, all the while im thinking "oh great, here we go" then he walked up, handed me my insurance card, my ticket (didnt have the newest insurance card on me, doh) and sent me on my way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 am 
Longtime Regular

Lenny7 wrote:

That's cheating.........using a 'target rich' environment...... :P :wink:

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:29 am 
Longtime Regular

atripp wrote:

Got in a fender bender, talked to the lady, waited for the cop, got out and talked to the cop for a minute, got back in and waited for the cop to finish whatever he was doing. He sent her on his way and then walked up to my car, stopped at the back of my car for like 5 seconds, all the while im thinking "oh great, here we go" then he walked up, handed me my insurance card, my ticket (didnt have the newest insurance card on me, doh) and sent me on my way.

In Mankato? :shock:

As 'communistic' as Huettl is,............nah..........I ain't goin' there. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:17 am 

Hunter07 wrote:
atripp wrote:

In Mankato? :shock:

As 'communistic' as Huettl is,............nah..........I ain't goin' there. :P

im confused. please go on with what you wanted to say

im just glad the insurance ticket was immeadiately dismissed on monday when i went to the courthouse and showed them my newer insurance card

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:03 pm 
Eagle-eyed watcher of legislation

Lenny7 wrote:

I'm sure one was me. OWB and short sweatshirt = easily made.

April 19, 1775 the strongest military in the world attacked farmers and townspeople formed as militia in Concord. One year, 3 months, and 25,000 american casualties later, we would begin forming a government based on limited powers and individual liberties.

It's your constitution. They died for it. Read it. Know it.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution ... rview.html

http://LibertyMinnesota.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

atripp wrote:
im confused. please go on with what you wanted to say

Don't be. I just have my mind made up about him and some of his policies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:21 am 

1911fan wrote:
I find it funny when the subject has come up and people ask if I do carry and I say "you have never seen me NOT carrying" It takes a moment then there eyes just get huge when they realize that they might have been around me several hundred times and never noticed.

I'll second that. Pretty much the same response, also.

Before I go out the door, I often ask my daughter, 'Am I printing?'. She doesn't even bother to look up anymore, 'No, but you scribble alot'. I'm going to take that kid's ammunition away... :lol:

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:33 pm 

I've been made at least twice that I know of... my wife is the only person who sees it regularly. It could just be that she knows what I look like when I carry and generally just assumes that I am. She is also very observant... I am not the only person she's caught carrying, and some of the ones she's caught are ones I've missed.

I am kinda paranoid about it because my CT grips DO print pretty bad... but most people aren't observant. If I move the darn things to where it's comfortable on my belt, it prints. If I move it where it doesn't print, it's not comfortable. >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:47 pm 

To date, the only people that have made me are my Grandma, Mom, and girlfriend. Those darn hugs. My girlfriend doesn't even ask anymore, she just assumes I am. Mom doesn't like it but doesn't argue with me when I'm over with one on. I have made a few people at the grocery store, but don't say anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:08 pm 
Longtime Regular

jjl78 wrote:
To date, the only people that have made me are my Grandma, Mom, and girlfriend. Those darn hugs.

Got my permit a couple weeks ago.

Today, when I saw my daughter, she ran up to me and gave me a hug. Of course, her arms around my waist, she felt my 1911.

Her eyes got real wide, but didn't say anything until we were alone.

Also today, I had 3 friends helping me move my deck, hot tub and lawn equipment. I had a cover garment on, but the wind blew it open in front of them all a few times. Nobody said anything, but one of them asked (when we were done with everything), me if I had carried yet.

I smiled, winked and said, "I am now". :D

He said that he never even noticed. Then went on to ask me about the required class and costs. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:44 pm 
Longtime Regular

Found this while reading survivalblog.com tonight.

Spotting a hidden handgun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:00 am 

I tend to think the general population is totally oblivious. I wear a 5.11 vest ocassionally & I've had people come up to me and ask if I can help them find someting, thinking I'm an employee.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.