Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:45 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Sideguard 'stuff' arrived 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:07 pm 

I love shoulder holsters. Their a great way to conceal with business and formal attire.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:17 pm 

I can see your point with the formal business attire. With the position that I hold at work, I have never had to wear formal attire. To be honest I do not even own a sport coat, let alone a suit. I guess every type of holster has its place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:03 am 
Longtime Regular

SSG B wrote:
To be honest I do not even own a sport coat, let alone a suit. I guess every type of holster has its place.

Until 3 years ago, the only 'suit' I had ever owned was Army Dress Greens. Then my FIL passed away. Bought a $300 suit because I was asked to be a pall bearer. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine having to wear it for 3 more funerals within the next 5 weeks. :shock:

One should always own a suit. Never know when you may need one.

That said, I need to buy several different types of holsters so the one I do have, doesn't feel so 'alone'. :wink:

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:28 pm 

I have thought about getting a suit, the Army Greens do not fit the same way they did 9 years ago! :oops: :( :oops:

I see that you are from the rural Mankato area. I was in Mankato for around 6 yrs or so (working on a 4 year degree). Started at the tech college for civil engineering, after they kicked me out, I got a BS in construction management from MSU. Loved the area away from campus, however the job market was not the greatest and had to move elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:06 pm 

SSG B wrote:
I have thought about getting a suit, the Army Greens do not fit the same way they did 9 years ago! :oops: :( :oops:

Maybe, just maybe, you drink too much beer! No wonder the Class A uniform no longer fits.

A shoulder holster would be a fine way to carry on the motorcycle (for me). I think that, if you take a spill, it would contribute less to bodily harm than a pistol on the hip. Retention may be better as well. It would surely be easier to get at if you should need it while on the bike.

If I regularly wore a jacket or other outer garment, I would certainly consider using a shoulder holster. I have a cheap Uncle Mike's setup that I rarely use, as it's a bother to get into and out of.

jb

John Farnam (I believe)

Post subject: Re: Sideguard 'stuff' arrived
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:36 pm 

JonnyB wrote:
I got 'em!

The postman delivered two new holsters to me last Saturday for the new (to me) Ruger SP-101.

I strapped it on, snug (Very!) in the OWB 'snap' model, and carried it all afternoon and into the evening. Most of the time, I forgot it was there. My 'normal' carry gun is a Kimber ProCarry alloy model. The snubbie, even at the same weight, is smaller and more compact. It really feels good on my belt.

The other holster is a 'Rough Out' pocket model. It, too, works nicely. The 2 1/4 inch snubbie is a bit too much for carrying in pants pockets but works well in a coat. The extra material at the opening (meant to hold the mouth of the holster open, I presume) adds a bit of thickness, making it too wide for pants-pocket carry. .357 revolvers, even 5-shot models - are a bit 'fat' for pants pockets anyway. A 642 probably has a thin-wall cylinder, making it easier, eh?

Erik told me he'd ship on Friday and I got 'em on Saturday. I like 'em!

jb

Anyone know of an IWB holster for an SP101 that doesn't have a bulge for the cylinder on the inside? I can't wear my Don Hume at my preferred position because the cylinder digs into my hip. >.<

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.