Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Interesting article about holster selection 
 Post subject: Interesting article about holster selection
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:59 pm 
Longtime Regular

Quote:
Beginners at concealed carry often ask the question, If I carry my handgun loaded with a round in the chamber, how do I prevent an accidental discharge? The answer is that you have to have good equipment, and train with that equipment. The heart of your concealed carry package consists of your handgun and your concealment holster. Both should be quality.

Holsters are basic equipment. You cannot safely carry a loaded handgun without an intelligently designed, comfortable, and functional holster that precisely fits your gun. Most importantly, the holster must cover and protect the trigger guard.

It is unsafe to carry a handgun inside your waist band (i.e., so called "Mexican carry" inside your pants) without a holster. It is also unsafe to carry a handgun dangling around freely inside your pocket. Either carry mode could lead to something getting caught inside the trigger guard, which could cause an accidental discharge. This is not conducive to protecting the family jewels, and after all, you are carrying a concealed handgun for personal protection!

Your concealed carry holster is your handgun's "safe home" on your body. As such, it's a very personal piece of equipment. If you carry concealed most of the time, you will grow attached to both gun and holster, and they will become a part of you. So, you must choose a concealment holster for your carry gun fits your lifestyle, environment, modes of dress, daily habits, body shape, size, and fitness level.

Rest of the article can be found at the link below.

http://www.usconcealedcarry.com/public/177.cfm?sd=45

Squeeze trigger, BANG, repeat. Kind of boring, but I never cared for drama.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.