Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 HOT Weather, ultra-concealment - recommendations for PPS 
 Post subject: HOT Weather, ultra-concealment - recommendations for PPS
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:52 pm 

A trip to Texas came up on short notice and I haven't had a chance to get a tuckable IWB for my Walther PPS, I've made contact with Srigs but in case something can't be arranged would anyone else have some good recommendations for ultra-concealment in really hot weather?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:04 pm 

I am still a huge proponent on Thunderwear in situations like this - either that or a good pocket holster - PPK should fit pretty will without printing too bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:17 pm 
Longtime Regular

Pocket holster. That's what I use for my Taurus PT111, which is about the same size.

I carried for a long time in SmartCarry, but one thing it's not comfortable for is hot weather. Sweaty! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:02 am 

I have an Uncle Mikes IWB for my PPS. The one for baby Glocks. It fits the PPS like it was made for it. I did have my wife remove the belt clip and sew it back on so that it has a nice forward cant to it. I love having a wife who is a whiz with the sewing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:07 am 
Longtime Regular

nmat used a Crossbreed Supertuck for his PPS when he had it, and it worked like a charm (also fits the Kahr PM9 like a charm BTW!). I don't know what the lead time is, though.

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:50 am 
Longtime Regular

Call http://rmholsters.com/store/ as he can probably make u a kydex holster in a real hurry if you tell him your circumstance.

Let me share a travelling story with you. I told it here once before. Last summer I was on a major road trip and was pulled over in Louisiana. I was not speeding but was pulled over for "having my window open" and I was not wearing a seat belt. The trooper asked me to step out of the car.

I was wearing a Kahr P40 in SideGuard Holster's Snap Loop IWB. The trooper played 50 questions with me as he looked me over for anything worthy of further investigation. Even his trained eye and strong desire to find something worth 'busting me" for failed to spot my roscoe at the 4:30 position.

+1 for Sideguard Holsters.

Here's a photo of the gun and holster that I was wearing:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:20 pm 
Longtime Regular

lance22 wrote:
I was on a major road trip and was pulled over in Louisiana. I was not speeding but was pulled over...Even his trained eye and strong desire to find something worth 'busting me" for failed to spot my roscoe at the 4:30 position.

Just for future reference:

(2) A permittee armed with a handgun in accordance with this Section shall notify any police officer who approaches the permittee in an official manner or with an identified official purpose that he has a weapon on his person, submit to a pat down, and allow the officer to temporarily disarm him.
:)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.