Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Range bag backpack? 
 Post subject: Range bag backpack?
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:47 am 

Anyone know of a good backpack that is setup like a range bag? I want something that has the mag pouches built in, with an organizer for pens, paper, etc., a place for glasses and ear protection, room for ammo, a place for a notebook, and of course a place for the handgun.

I looked at the Blackhawk backpacks and the 511 backpacks and they don't really have what I am looking for. I haven't looked at the Maxpedition Falcon II.

Anyone have anything like this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:59 pm 
Journeyman Member

I think you could stealth something very well. By that, I mean you could look for exactly the size and color and shape backpack you like, and take it to any one of many great seamstresses or tailors about town and tell them what you want. That way, you initially get pocket placement, comfort, and usability as a known factor before customizing it.

A good backpack can be fairly inexpensive, and even if you added a 60 or 80 dollar tailoring fee, you still end up with a product perfect for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:12 am 

Yeah, I think that is going to be the route I take. I guess when I make one, I better make extras...I could probably sell them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:18 am 
Longtime Regular

Please post pictures and sources when you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:30 am 
Longtime Regular

That sounds very interesting.

I use a Targus laptop backpack I got on clearance for $20. It has a padded compartment that fits ammo very nicely, it has a 'frame' that keeps the gun cases in order, and it has side pockets that work well for eye-pro, ear plugs, and water bottles.

This is the bag, but they don't show/mention the internal frame. It has an L bracket that went up the back and out the bottom of the back to keep it from slouching down with weight.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.