Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Srigs . .. posted on another (CZ) forum but wanted to share 
 Post subject: Srigs . .. posted on another (CZ) forum but wanted to share
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:52 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'd be an Uncle Mikes opponent. Uncle Mikes makes the Ruger branded shoulder rig for Ruger's Alaskan . . . being an Alaskan owner (.454) I bought one. Maybe my Falco rig for my XD spoiled me, but the Uncle Mikes was pathetic, there is not a thing I like about that holster beyond the stitching on the Ruger logo. . .. it was the only thing they got right!

If you are looking for a good and cheap IWB for a Rami, I'd look to Highnoon. Here is a couple of Pics:
and

I bought this holster as a cheap backup to my custom Sideguard tuckable
I am REALLY happy with Eric's work, but I wanted something for my RAMI to sit in when we are lazy about the house and I want it in a holster I can just tuck on my waistband even if I am not wearing a belt and just running down to take the garbage out or get the mail. . . the kind of holster for those occasions where you might not even put shoes or a shirt on. Anyway, given what I have seen of Uncle Mikes as a brand (the Alaskan isn't my only experience & I probably wouldn't have bought it off Ruger's website if I'd realized it was typical Uncle Mikes) I wouldn't have bought it for the big revolver . .. it is telling that Ruger is now selling a different rig from a different company for off belt carry of that fine wheel gun.

For cheap, I'd do the Highnoon again for a tuckable IWB . . . well, Sideguard really came through with a very fine holster and I just did 6 days with the wife's family out of state for a wedding with the Tuckable IWB and the Rami as my only rig, nobody but the wife that saw me dress knew I was carrying at any point in the six days. No trouble with fit, function, chasing my toddler around a wedding reception without printing, seriously, Sideguard did good. If it sounds like a commercial, it isn't, it is just the sound of a very happy customer.

This was in response to a thread that started:
Quote:
gilfo Newbie Offline Posts: 39

Anybody use a Uncle Mike's holster?
« on: May 28, 2009, 07:12:24 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anybody use a Uncle Mike's iwb holster for their Rami. I know there are better holsters out there but I like that it has no bulk to it. Started to put on a few pounds and don't have the money for a new wardrobe. If so what number do you use?
Thanks

Context is everything, I wouldn't touch an Uncle Mikes unless it was to get to a different brand. Highnoon is my new cheap holster distributor and Srigs here will make a holster for anything I consider carrying in a serious kinda way. It is good. Anyway, I just wanted to share with ya'll another plug for the guy who makes mighty fine holsters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:40 am 

Personally, I find Uncle Mikes stuff to be just what I need. When I'm demonstrating to someone what NOT to buy. And don't even get me started on all that Kydex crap.

And then I show them what a craftsman can do, IF, he has that special talent. And that would be anything crafted by Lou Alessi. Fortunately for me, I have more than a few of Lou's holsters and the memory of a fine gentlemen and fellow veteran. RIP.

To expect bad men not to do wrong is madness, for he who expects this desires an impossiblity. But to allow men to behave so to others and expect them not to do thee any wrong is irrational and tyranical. Marcus Aurelius

I won't mind if you call me a racist. And I'm sure YOU won't mind if I call you a target of opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:45 am 

While I haven't bought any of Srig's holsters (I do need to one of these days, gotta decide on a style!) I do usually end up buying an Uncle Mike's - their cheap soft-sided sleve holsters, for about $10.
Cheap backup I can toss in a bag, or glovebox, and have in case a primary holster fails. (I've had my Blackhawk Serpa fail, and a nylon shoulder-rig sliip as well)

By no means is Uncle Mike's my primary choice...but, as a cheap, small, shove somewhere and forget "I need to cover the triggerguard" device, they function "good enough."

Now...onto Sideguard's site to drool at all those options...and settle on 2 or 3...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:17 am 

Waiting for my High Slide from Srigs for my Glock 26.... can't wait, the Uncle Mikes I have sits way to far away from my waist and prints even under my leather jacket even when I am riding my bike.

Beretta owner

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.