Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Concealment Shirt 
 Post subject: Re: Concealment Shirt
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

Aase02 wrote:
wow that impressive how much info you guys gave, since i am taking that the shirt sucks, i am trying to make an XD .45 4inch "disappear" the best way possible, i wear a lot of button up shirts, so i plan on a shoulder holster but also a IWB for other days, have any ideas or recommendations? Thanks again guys, impressive.

If you're wearing your shirts untucked and don't have a gut to push the butt of the gun away from your body, you can look at a good pancake holster that is high-ride. Safariland makes a couple that fit the bill really well.

-Mark

ETA - If you're in the metro, go visit Streichers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:50 pm 
Longtime Regular

Aase02 wrote:
wow that impressive how much info you guys gave, since i am taking that the shirt sucks, i am trying to make an XD .45 4inch "disappear" the best way possible, i wear a lot of button up shirts, so i plan on a shoulder holster but also a IWB for other days, have any ideas or recommendations? Thanks again guys, impressive.

I carry a SIG P229, which isn't any smaller than what you're carrying. I just use a simple IWB holster and I don't tuck in my shirt. Depending on the shirt there is minimal to no outward sign I'm carrying. And even if there is a sign it looks like anything but a holster.

No needs to wear multiple layers and all that. One of the things you're going to eventually realize is nobody is going to notice. Even those that Open Carry find that people are so blissfully in their own world they wouldn't notice a firearm if it was painted neon pink in a holster on your forehead. They certainly aren't going to be eying you up for a weapon unless you give them reason to. And on the off chance that someone notices a bulge, they're going to attribute it to something else....cellphone, leatherman, pager, PDA, etc....anything but a firearm.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:28 pm 

kecker wrote:
Aase02 wrote:

I carry a SIG P229, which isn't any smaller than what you're carrying. I just use a simple IWB holster and I don't tuck in my shirt. Depending on the shirt there is minimal to no outward sign I'm carrying. And even if there is a sign it looks like anything but a holster.

No needs to wear multiple layers and all that. One of the things you're going to eventually realize is nobody is going to notice. Even those that Open Carry find that people are so blissfully in their own world they wouldn't notice a firearm if it was painted neon pink in a holster on your forehead. They certainly aren't going to be eying you up for a weapon unless you give them reason to. And on the off chance that someone notices a bulge, they're going to attribute it to something else....cellphone, leatherman, pager, PDA, etc....anything but a firearm.

Thanks for that man, i will go the route first. sometimes this earth being full of dumb people actually comes to my benefit. :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.