Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Concealment Shirt 
 Post subject: Concealment Shirt
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:42 pm 

Does anyone have experience using one of these? http://springfieldxdstore.com/pgroup_de ... return=%3f

or others like it...

Post subject: Re: Concealment Shirt
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:41 pm 
The Man

Aase02 wrote:
Does anyone have experience using one of these? http://springfieldxdstore.com/pgroup_de ... return=%3f

or others like it...
Others like it, sure. I found the one large enough to be comfortable let the gun flop around too much for my taste, and the one tight enough to hold the gun in one position deucedly uncomfortable. YMMV -- there are those who utterly love 'em.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:52 pm 

I haven't tried personally, but have heard several people tell of finding satisfaction in the TRUSS.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:02 pm 
The Man

Sietch wrote:
I haven't tried personally, but have heard several people tell of finding satisfaction in the TRUSS.
I'm soooooo suggestible.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:58 pm 

joelr wrote:
Sietch wrote:
I'm soooooo suggestible.

That actually DOES look interesting. Maybe a little "tacticool" but also effective.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:07 am 
1911 tainted

Sietch wrote:

The Truss looks very similar to a belly band. I know a few that have tried the belly band, mostly woman and their comment are the same. It is an elastic band around the midsection and is very hot to wear, so they don't care for them. Me personally, never tried one, just reporting what I was told.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:17 am 
Longtime Regular

the shoulder straps on a belly band help some with creep and roll but in the end, it's still an elastic band around my torso. it works for limited times for specific purposes but it ain't comfortable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:39 am 
Longtime Regular

What about 5.11's with their "document pockets"?

"The right of citizens to bear arms is just one more guarantee against arbitrary government, one more safeguard against the tyranny which now appears remote in America, but which historically has proved to be always possible." - Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, 1960

"Man has the right to deal with his oppressors by devouring their palpitating hearts." - Jean-Paul Marat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:40 am 
Longtime Regular

chunkstyle wrote:

They're even floppier than anything already mentioned in this thread.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:35 am 
The Man

Q_Continuum wrote:
joelr wrote:
Sietch wrote:
I'm soooooo suggestible.

That actually DOES look interesting. Maybe a little "tacticool" but also effective.

I'll report on it after I give it a try; I like trying out things.

That said, can it be tacticool if nobody can see it? I'm, err, not exactly an expert on tacticoolality, but my impression is that a big part of it is other folks seeing and knowing how totally cool you are because you've got, say, that carabiner-carrying strap on your 511 pants. (And which ticks me off. I really, really like the functionality of the 511 pants, as I think of them as geek pants, but I've never found a use for the strap, and the places that stock the 511s always have a far wider range of sizes and colors in the tacticooler, with-strap versions.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:29 am 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
Q_Continuum wrote:
joelr wrote:
Sietch wrote:
I'm soooooo suggestible.

That said, can it be tacticool if nobody can see it? I'm, err, not exactly an expert on tacticoolality, but my impression is that a big part of it is other folks seeing and knowing how totally cool you are because you've got, say, that carabiner-carrying strap on your 511 pants. (And which ticks me off. I really, really like the functionality of the 511 pants, as I think of them as geek pants, but I've never found a use for the strap, and the places that stock the 511s always have a far wider range of sizes and colors in the tacticooler, with-strap versions.)

But you're right, the strap is pretty useless. Maybe for giving your pants a good hike back up when you're carrying a pistol, 3 mags, knife, 2 sets of cuffs, Surefire, and OC...just to go to the grocery store...

Then it's really tacticool.

I can't talk, I wear 5.11 pants pretty much every single day. :D

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:30 am 
Longtime Regular

razor blade

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:43 am 

DeanC wrote:
chunkstyle wrote:

They're even floppier than anything already mentioned in this thread.

I haven't had any problems putting documents in them, and during testing only (haven't tried wearing it around) I was able to make my XD 4" Service disappear. (That's with their 'Tactical Shirt') The 'Covert Casual Shirt' works just as well for documents, I forget if I've tried with the XD's in there. Maybe at the next Effen breakfast I'll make my first appearance and demo?

mrokern wrote:
joelr wrote:
Q_Continuum wrote:
joelr wrote:
Sietch wrote:
I'm soooooo suggestible.

But you're right, the strap is pretty useless. Maybe for giving your pants a good hike back up when you're carrying a pistol, 3 mags, knife, 2 sets of cuffs, Surefire, and OC...just to go to the grocery store...

Then it's really tacticool.

I can't talk, I wear 5.11 pants pretty much every single day. :D

-Mark

I've worn mine every single day. My first pair (black) now have a hole in the crotch. I had to replace them. They've added some extra belt loops on the waist now. (Just the Tactical, not the Taclite Pros or anything ultra-fancy)

Contemplating ordering some Propper gear though, fair bit cheaper, give them a try. ($15-$25 for shorts, and $30 for pants; instead of Streicher's $40 each for 5.11's; or MSRP of $50 each)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:49 am 
Longtime Regular

Q_Continuum wrote:
Contemplating ordering some Propper gear though, fair bit cheaper, give them a try. ($15-$25 for shorts, and $30 for pants; instead of Streicher's $40 each for 5.11's; or MSRP of $50 each)

If you do, please give us a review. I'm always looking for a way to save more money for ammo. :D

-Mark

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:39 pm 

wow that impressive how much info you guys gave, since i am taking that the shirt sucks, i am trying to make an XD .45 4inch "disappear" the best way possible, i wear a lot of button up shirts, so i plan on a shoulder holster but also a IWB for other days, have any ideas or recommendations? Thanks again guys, impressive.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.