Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 suggestions for a Taurus PT 111 Millenium Pro? 
 Post subject: suggestions for a Taurus PT 111 Millenium Pro?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:12 pm 
Longtime Regular

Ok, I'm looking for IWB and tuckable if at all possible. I also think I'll be getting a Mika pocket holster soon.

The inexpensive first holster option I've been looking at is the split decision from High Noon. http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product ... ision.html

Longer run I've been looking at HBE Leatherworking and KD's Cochise Defender.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:25 pm 
Longtime Regular

This is the “Answer”. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://store.yahoo.com/rlcompanyusa/answer.html

It’s an IWB and a tuck-able holster. :wink:

Don’t judge a book by it s cover. Admittedly, it’s an ugly duckling sitting on top of the dresser, But it’s the most comfortable holster I’ve ever owned. :P

It is stable, almost invisible, and you can holster the gun with one hand. The large leather back protects me from my “cocked and locked” 1911. :)

I do have an inexpensive High Noon holster; it works well in a pinch. However, because of only one attachment system for your belt, it is not secure. :?

In addition, because it is made of only soft leather it collapsed when placed inside your waistband.

Post subject: Re: suggestions for a Taurus PT 111 Millenium Pro?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

plblark wrote:
Ok, I'm looking for IWB and tuckable if at all possible.

I was thinking of buying the Answer myself, but bought a Comp-Tac C.T.A.C. Slide instead, purely because it was cheaper ($75) - http://www.comp-tac.com/ct_ctac.html

I like it a lot, the tuckability is very handy sometimes. I do suspect that the Answer might be a little more comfortable (or it might not). The nice thing about both the Answer and the Comp-Tac, though, is the dual belt clips positioned fore & aft of the actual holster. First, they keep the holster, and thus the grip of your pistol, from tipping, so the butt stays tucked up against your side where it belongs. Second, since they're not on top of the holster, the whole thing is that much thinner.

Don't see the Taurus Millenium on their list, though, unless it's close enough to an XD-9 or a Glock or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:25 pm 

I really like my Highnoon Topless model, the quality is second to none. I didn't however care for the leadtime to get it. Check their website out to see what current lead times are as their production is seasonal but don't be a bit shocked if it takes up to 15 weeks to get your holster from Highnoon

Occam's Razor:
one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything.
Visit us at www.ddht.us

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.