Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:45 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Proper way to reholster 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:51 pm 
The Man

DonL wrote:
I'll put one together if we can find a place to have it. I don't know of any indoor ranges that allow holster work, so that will limit things to an outdoor range. I do have the use of one. However, it's about 65 miles south of the cities, so there would be some travel time involved. From time to time I do help some LE folks with their holster work, and they've been more than pleased with the results. This could be an interesting and educational day. Joel can speak for my background.

Don
Yup. And, more importantly, to his skills and attitude as a coach/teacher. Donnie's utterly first rate.

I believe that we could do holster work at Burnsville, if we can get enough folks together to make renting a bay practical. I think it might be easier to simply use an outdoor range, though.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

please mark me down as interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:57 pm 
Longtime Regular

DonL wrote:
I'll put one together if we can find a place to have it. I don't know of any indoor ranges that allow holster work, so that will limit things to an outdoor range. I do have the use of one. However, it's about 65 miles south of the cities, so there would be some travel time involved. From time to time I do help some LE folks with their holster work, and they've been more than pleased with the results. This could be an interesting and educational day. Joel can speak for my background.

Don

Don,

I think that Bill's could accomodate you if you pick a less-busy day and ask to use the separate range.

SquibJoe, could this be arranged?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:39 pm 
Journeyman Member

I would be interested in this class.

Dorian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:07 pm 

It sounds like we can put this together! The indoor ranges would have the advantages of location, and no weather worries (if available). The outdoor range is available, then we have commuting, and no predictibility on weather. Some good experience (and a good time) would be had by all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:11 pm 

I'm definitly up for this!
I live about 1/2 hr south of Burnsville anyway, so Burnsville or south of the cities is ok with me.
I've been looking at the tactical pistol class info at Bill's, but that's a HUGE commute for me.
Something closer would definitly be cool.
Post a message as to when, and I'm in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:31 pm 

If we use the outdoor range, it's in the Le Seur area. Not the end of the earth, just a little bit of a drive from the cities. If we go there, I'm thinking it will be an all day event. If we end up at an indoor range, I doubt that we'll be able to tie up a bay for more than a few hours. I'm thinking the focus will be on holster work, and when that's going safely and smoothly, I'll add in mag /speedloader changes and malfuncions. If we're outdoors, and if time permits, movement, and maybe even working with partners. Safety will be the rule-I'd like to see us all go home with the same number of holes in ourselves that we came with, and no extras! One advantage to a class like this is that we find out if our equipment of choice is really going to work for us, and how it holds up under some stressful use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:17 pm 

Well my vote is for the le Seur range.
Mostly because I live about 10 min. from there!!
But seriously, I'd rather learn as much as possible as long as we're there.
My only request Sir, is that we make this far enough out so as to accomadate scheduling.
Myself, I have a very tight schedule with working hours that unfortunatly don't usually work with everybody else( I work many nights and wkends)
However, with enough notice, I could accomodate almost anything because I do write my own schedule.
And we might as well get this out of the way right now, Your time is certainly worth something.
What would you like to charge for this class?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:40 am 

Add me to the Interested list, too. LeSeuer's fine with me - a pleasant drive!

TomK
N Mpls, MN

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:47 pm 

The fee will depend on how many people are interested, and (the big thing) where we end up, inside or outside. It will be fair. I'll provide the targets. (And by the way-"Sir" is my dad. Ya"ll can call me Don. Actually, call me whatever you want, just call me in time for dinner.) One big thing to decide is when the most can make it-weekday? weekend? If we get enough interested, and we have a couple of different times, that's OK too. A great time will be had by all, along with getting some new skills (That hopefully we'll never have to test.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'd be interested in this as well. Set it up and I'll try to clear my schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:10 pm 

I'll do some checking in the next couple of days and see what our range options are, and then we can do some kind of a poll to see how many are interested, and when they can make it. I'll get something posted here by Monday. I believe we will do this, it's just a matter of where and when!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:54 pm 
Longtime Regular

Might try out Beaverbrook/Tri-county Sportsmans Club up north of Ham Lake. I'll search at home for their contact information. My membership recently lapsed there temporarily (been strapped for cash) but might be able to work something out. They have a nice 100 yard rifle range with a 25 yard line and a shelter over the shooting stations, and also 3 well built up berms around 3 wide 25 yard shooting station type things. The 3 were built for Cowboy Action Shooting. My buddy and I have used them for movement work, etc.

If you're interested in them, let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:57 am 

Some of the range information is starting to come together. I can get a bay at BPR. However, it's going to be limited to a weekday, and during the day. So what I'm thinking, depending on the level of interest, is that I'll set up both types of courses. The course at BPR would be 4 hrs.on Mon, Tues, or Fri. The outdoor course will be all day, the same days,starting at 9:00. I'm waiting for the rep from that range to return my calls, to see if it's available on the weekends. As soon as I find that out, we'll look into setting up some dates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:23 pm 
Longtime Regular

DonL, I would be interested as well. :D

Are you “talking” about “Le Sueur” (home of the "Jolly Green Giant”) :?:

If you are, it’s a really nice motorcycle ride from my home. :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.