Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:17 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Proper way to reholster 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:58 am 

Actually, just south of Le Seur. It's about a 55 minute drive from S. Mpls. I now have the use of the outside range for both weekdays and Saturdays. So this is how things look like they're shaping up: The indoor class (Defensive Pistol Tactics Workshop) would be 4 hrs. long at BPR, daytime hrs., Mon, Wed, or Fri., cost at $65.00 (includes range fee and targets). The outdoor course (Defensive Pistol Tactics 1) will be 8+ hrs., cost at $110.00, (includes range fee and targets) Training certificates will be issued. If there's enough interest, I'll set up multiple classes. I do believe that everyone will be pleased with the results! If anyone wants more specifics, feel free to PM, or call me at 952-836-1843. We'll need a min. of 4 for either of the classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:37 pm 

I could do the Mon or Wed Daytime Class (with at least 2 wks notice)
The Weekend class would be harder to schedule.
I am assuming that 2 sessions of the 4 hr. class would provide the same info as the 8 hr. class?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:14 pm 

The 4 hr workshop will be inclusive on its own. The 8+ hr. course will include all of the 4hr., and much more. Because of the outdoor/private setting, I can add in more "movin & shootin" type drills. The main focus of either is SAFE holster work. In addition, the techniques I teach can be practiced at home with an unloaded or (preferably) a dummy gun. There aren't many places around for this kind of opportunity. I look at it as getting skills, and testing our equipment of choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:04 pm 
Journeyman Member

JDR wrote:
DonL, I would be interested as well. :D

Are you “talking” about “Le Sueur” (home of the "Jolly Green Giant”) :?:

If you are, it’s a really nice motorcycle ride from my home. :D

Depending on when it happens; I'd be interested too.

I've always liked that Le Sueur/ St. Peter ride myself.
A day of motorcycles and firearms. I see the start of a great weekend.

Any dates set yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:55 pm 

Let"s look at Sat. May 6th, or Sat. May 13th, and see how many are interested. I would also put on the same class during the week if a few are interested. I do believe that anyone shy of an IPSC master shooter could benefit from this. Once a date(s) is/are decided, I'll make it happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:32 pm 
Longtime Regular

I'd be interested in a weekday afternoon if possible. Thank you for putting this on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:08 pm 

Let's plan on May 6th for a start. All day class. I'm going to be limiting what type of holster that's used. It must be strong side, outside the waistband, straight drop (or VERY slight cant), no crossdraw, or shoulder holsters. Call me with any questions, as getting there and finding that your type of holster won't be allowed would be disappointing for both of us. Whatever your holster is, you want to be able to get your grip on the gun while it's in the holster, so you don't have to reajust your grip after you draw. If you use an IWB and want to practice with it, we'll find time for that 1 on 1 during the breaks. If you want to change guns during the day, no problem. The holster rules are not negotiable! Some of the equipment I recommend: Handgun, holster, 3 mags/speedloaders, mag pouch(es)/speedloader holders, sturdy belt, (it's a bummer to have your pants slide down from the weight of the gun and gear) eye and ear protection, 350/400 rounds (it will be a busy day) water/gatorade, etc. (well water is available) your lunch (nothing is real close) hat, sunscreen, etc. I need a min. of four people (with six max.) to put this on. If there's enough interest, we'll schedule another one the 13th. If you're interested, give me a call at 952-836-1843, either to sign up, or I'd be happy to answer any questions. So, besides all this, be ready to have some fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:24 pm 
Journeyman Member

Damn,

Well that puts me out.
First weekend of every month is spoken for by Uncle Sam.
Let me know if the 13th works out.

Dorian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

DonL,

It would be best to post complete details, all in one post, in the classes forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:03 pm 

I figured I'd do that when the class becomes definate. I wanted the details there to make it easier for folks to decide if they're interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:02 pm 

I am also up for a weekday class. I realize you would be teaching more at an all day class, but weekdays are just easier for me to schedule right now.
If you schedule one two weeks out, on a mon, tues or wed I will sign up immediatly

Me and plblark........Right??!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:52 am 
Longtime Regular

It'd be best for me if it was 4 weeks out from now. If that doesn't work though, I can do it in 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:17 pm 

OK-How about Mon, May 15th, 4 hr class outside, longer than 4 hrs for those interested. Call me for details, 952-836-1843

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:27 am 

Forget the reholstering, I need to really work on my mag changes again.

-forgetting to watch the magazine all the way in.
-forgetting to index with my finger.
-fumbling with the mag release.

:(

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:12 pm 

Occasionally, I'll practice mag changes while I'm watching TV, just to keep the 'ol muscle memory going. The first time my wife saw me doing that, she smiled, shook her head, and said "you're really sick". Without stopping what I was doing, I gave her a quick glance and a smile, and said, "yup". Actually, I teach two different styles of mag changes. The "Gunsite style", and the "Blackwater style". (Gone to both.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.