Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Any hobby holster makers out there? 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:36 am 
Longtime Regular

Cool. Count me in.

Joel, I think we have a "seal" candidate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:47 pm 
Longtime Regular

I would be great if we had a TCC logo stamp to emboss our holsters! :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:22 am 
Longtime Regular

Srigs wrote:

Anyone know where we could get something like that on the inexpensive side? Heck, if there was enough interest, even at ~$5 a person maybe even on the high quality side.

I'm interested. My wife on the other hand, is going to LOVE another aspect of this gun business about as much as a migraine headache :-)

Thanks for setting this up, and let's hope there's enough interest to do several sessions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:42 pm 

I think we have a new "new thing" meeting! :D It is no longer a "I could be in." I am totally in for this!

Jeremiah wrote:
As far as the plastic, yes, I'd say Saran Wrap would work. It's what I used when I made my current holster, to keep the gun dry whilst I molded the wet leather around it.

I never thought of the wetness factor. I thought it was a "saftey/security" thing for the Tandy folks.

Let's have a wood shop meeting previous to the holster making session that we can all whittle our own wood handgun of choice for the molding of the leather!!!! :lol:

I told my wife that I need to "find" a hobby. (shhhh...don't say anything...I have a ton already) She asked my what and I said I would like to get into leather work. she said "Oh... Could you make your own holster?" :D Yeah!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:10 pm 
Raving Moderate

brauchma wrote:
I think we have a new "new thing" meeting! :D It is no longer a "I could be in." I am totally in for this!

Jeremiah wrote:
As far as the plastic, yes, I'd say Saran Wrap would work. It's what I used when I made my current holster, to keep the gun dry whilst I molded the wet leather around it.

I never thought of the wetness factor. I thought it was a "saftey/security" thing for the Tandy folks.

It may well be that too- but no need to drench the weaponry, eh? :wink:

My real name is Jeremiah (go figure). ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:20 am 

Srigs wrote:

Most of the places take 4-6 weeks to make one up, with the price starting at about $50.

Here's a guy who may be able to get one done for you in time for your class: http://www.greyghostgraphics.com/. He's well-respected within the leathercraft industry. I do not personally have any of his stamps, but am getting ready to order.

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:50 am 
Longtime Regular

K-Man wrote:
Srigs wrote:

Most of the places take 4-6 weeks to make one up, with the price starting at about $50.

Here's a guy who may be able to get one done for you in time for your class: http://www.greyghostgraphics.com/. He's well-respected within the leathercraft industry. I do not personally have any of his stamps, but am getting ready to order.

Thanks for the link. After looking at them I might beable to make one with some wood working tools.... hmmm. I'll have to look into that. :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:21 am 

Looks like we have interest, I count six so far - Brauchma - Jac714 - Srigs - Jeremiah - Andrew - Plblark. Did I miss anybody?
How does January 20th sound?

Just finished a crossdraw holster, didn't turn out as planned. I will try to post a picture (not sure if I'm doing it right)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:36 am 
Longtime Regular

Sounds good to me! :D

Side Guard Holsters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:43 am 
Longtime Regular

jbcolt45 wrote:
Looks like we have interest, I count six so far - Brauchma - Jac714 - Srigs - Jeremiah - Andrew - Plblark. Did I miss anybody?
How does January 20th sound?

Just finished a crossdraw holster, didn't turn out as planned. I will try to post a picture (not sure if I'm doing it right)

The 20th is the nominal date for the breakfast this month so we could make a day of it, breakfast then holster making sounds like a great winter Saturday.

"For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
-Unknown

Honorably Discharged member of Uncle Sam's Underwater Canoe Club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:54 am 
Raving Moderate

Good idea, Jeff. Sounds like a fun Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:04 pm 

I am interested in attending assuming that my schedule permits, and that there is room. If you end up with more people then room, I will step aside, so someone has the opportunity to take a crack a holster making.

"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."
-- (Terry Pratchett, Night Watch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:53 pm 

ahh man! The 20th is my company Christmas party. I skipped the first one for the New Thing and now I will miss holster making. AHHH!!! I will have to go to round two I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:30 pm 
Longtime Regular

Whoops! Count me back out -- I've got a birthday party for a three-year-old to attend. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:40 am 
Raving Moderate

Great time at the class, guys. Good to see you all. Oh, and jbcolt45, your holsters are excellent!! Thanks for all the great ideas!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.