Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 GUNBELTS...Gotta have something to hold up the holster 
 Post subject: GUNBELTS...Gotta have something to hold up the holster
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:12 pm 

Here's a couple of my gunbelts. Opinions, positive or negative are always welcome. Both are 1-1/2" wide, double-layer Hermann Oak. The bottom one is mahogany with white stitching and a border stamp--cowboy-style, and the top is black with black stitching in a more conservative vein. The mahogany belt has a heavy polished brass buckle set, and the black belt has a heavy polished chrome brass buckle set.

Here's the link: http://www.gibsonprorodeo.com/GIBSON17.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:43 pm 
Longtime Regular

I like the look of both. I'd wear the black one, but you'll need a narrower belt for the ladies in the group. Most manufacturers don't make belt loops wide enough for 1.5" belts. That's IF the pants that fit HAVE belt loops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:54 am 

Sorry, Tick Slayer! I didn't mean to exclude anyone--it's just the most popular/asked for belt that I do is the 1-1/2". But, I'm a custom maker so I do "case-by-case" stuff, too.

These belts were a couple that went out last week and I had pictures so I thought I'd put 'em up and include a link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:55 pm 
Longtime Regular

That's okay. I'm not offended.

Anything relating to guns is statistically male dominated, so you're hitting the main part of the market there. (Sensible.) If you get to the point where you're ready to offer a wider variety of product, remember the ladies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:52 pm 
1911 tainted

I did go through the web site fast, but I didn't notice any prices on the belts.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:20 pm 

Tick Slayer,

I'm intrigued. And you make a very, very good point. My wife points out regularly the little (and big) inconsistencies in our society. And the fact that overall, women make less, and pay more. Almost across the board.

Would you be willing to tell me what you're looking for in a belt? Publicly or privately, if you tell me what is "it" in your mind's eye, I will do my very best to make it real. And then I will unashamedly impose on you to test it in the real world. At no cost.

Are you up for the challenge? I'll tell you straight up that I'm not, but I'm more than willing to give it my best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:25 pm 

Cobb,

The website's not set up yet to take orders. I apologize for that--we're still testing designs which is why we're dropping pics on various forums for feedback.

The plain belts are $89.95, and the stamped/tooled belts are $119.95. We took six orders in April and sold those out in a day. We're taking twelve for the month of May and have six left. The goal is not to raise a big fuss, but to keep our delivery times at 3 to 4 weeks max.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

Hint: Say yes, Tick! :D

BruceGibson wrote:
Tick Slayer,

I'm intrigued. And you make a very, very good point. My wife points out regularly the little (and big) inconsistencies in our society. And the fact that overall, women make less, and pay more. Almost across the board.

Would you be willing to tell me what you're looking for in a belt? Publicly or privately, if you tell me what is "it" in your mind's eye, I will do my very best to make it real. And then I will unashamedly impose on you to test it in the real world. At no cost.

Are you up for the challenge? I'll tell you straight up that I'm not, but I'm more than willing to give it my best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:09 am 
Longtime Regular

Bruce does very good stuff, is very helpful to me and very responsive to my questions. Great opportunity Tick. :)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:27 am 
Longtime Regular

BruceGibson wrote:
Tick Slayer,

That is a VERY generous offer! Well done, Bruce.

Did you send the PM yet, Tick Slayer?

:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:10 am 

That buckle on the black one might hurt my over hang on my gut. :) I need a new gun belt. Black and brown in the conservative look would be the best for me.

They look good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:27 pm 
Longtime Regular

BruceGibson wrote:
Tick Slayer,

Now there's an offer I can't refuse! Let me do some thinking on this and get back to you tomorrow or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:36 am 

brauchma,

I don't think that buckle set would cause any problems at all--actually, quite the contrary. It's polished and rounded at all the edges, and really comfortable. Minimal "pinch-factor." It also has a partial tongue which is very strong--the more stress placed on it, the harder it grabs.

When you get ready to try one, let me know. If I can't make you happy then you get all your money back--including the shipping both ways.

I ordered a bunch of new buckles yesterday to test, and I'll post pictures as things are completed--if you see one you'd like to try, just give a holler!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:02 am 

BruceGibson wrote:
brauchma,

I don't think that buckle set would cause any problems at all--actually, quite the contrary. It's polished and rounded at all the edges, and really comfortable. Minimal "pinch-factor." It also has a partial tongue which is very strong--the more stress placed on it, the harder it grabs.

When you get ready to try one, let me know. If I can't make you happy then you get all your money back--including the shipping both ways.

I ordered a bunch of new buckles yesterday to test, and I'll post pictures as things are completed--if you see one you'd like to try, just give a holler!

How quick can one get to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:35 am 

Hi, everybody!

I apologize for being slow with my responses. I broke my hand moving lumber in the shop a couple of weeks ago and just got to where I can do a little "hunt & peck" typing. Of course the hand I broke had to be the one I write and do everything else with.

Fortunately, all of my belt orders were filled at the time, so nobody has to wait while I heal. Regrettably, I won't be able to take any new orders until my parts start working again. The doc says that will be around 6-weeks.

I also wanted to let everybody know how much I enjoy this forum!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.