Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:35 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 RFC: Has anyone here used a Beltster holster system? 
 Post subject: RFC: Has anyone here used a Beltster holster system?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:32 am 
Longtime Regular

The concept is here:
http://www.banderagunleather.com/index.html

It's essentially a Yacqui slide holster integrated into the <strike>holster</strike>belt [Thanks Andrew :-)]. The problem I see is that its position is fixed. the benefit is going from OWB to no holster visible by simply taking the pistol out.

Anyway, has anyone here used one?
Thoughts?
Opinions (plenty of those here ;-))?
General abuse ... (Since it'll come anyway :-))

Thanks,

Last edited by plblark on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:40 am 
Longtime Regular

IMHO - A concern that I would have is that if you sat down abruptly, let's say an arm chair, and the barrel hits the arm as you are in a downward motion what stops the gun from just popping out............ popcorn and pop all over, while you are scrambling around in a dark theater on a sticky, grimy floor trying to find you gun.................:shock:

Other than that it's kind of cute................ :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:53 am 
Longtime Regular

That's one of the questions I have. Is it a molded holster or a soft slot in the belt with some stitching intended to keep it in position and the belt as the tension device?

I assume it's just soft leather but inquiring minds want to know. I have no urge to pretend I'm counting gummy bears on the theater floor while trying to retrieve my handgun :oops: and YUCK!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:33 pm 
Longtime Regular

No thanks on that belt/holster combo.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:39 pm 
Delicate Flower

plblark wrote:
That's one of the questions I have. Is it a molded holster or a soft slot in the belt with some stitching intended to keep it in position and the belt as the tension device?

I assume it's just soft leather but inquiring minds want to know. I have no urge to pretend I'm counting gummy bears on the theater floor while trying to retrieve my handgun :oops: and YUCK!

Molded/stitched according to the description:

Quote:
Taking advantage of natural belt tension together with the appropriate (gun specific) stitch/wet-mold pattern, the BELTSTER™ perfectly retains the handgun, providing better weight distribution than any other carry mode, with a minimum of bulk.

Don't really care for it myself

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:08 am 
Longtime Regular

My first impression was similar to others, what keeps the gun from popping out? Innovative idea and maybe a long barrel would stay in place better but what about a compact auto or snubby revolver?

If life was fair, Robins couldn't eat worms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:15 am 

Ramoel wrote:
My first impression was similar to others, what keeps the gun from popping out? Innovative idea and maybe a long barrel would stay in place better but what about a compact auto or snubby revolver?

Bought one online according to the sizing instructions, and it was too small. The maker exchanged it for me once I sent it back to him. Still don't like it. Now it hangs on the close pole in the closet and I am out over $100. The one I have was supposed to be made for the Springfield XDs but I think it is a lousy concept.

Bob in Coon Rapids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:10 pm 
On time out

I know a few who really like it, and think its the bee's knee's.

A well made holster that has some forming in it will hold most guns in place during a great deal of activity, Remember the original askins type holster had no retention and that was meant as a holster suitable for the Texas Rangers on horse back.

I have several Yaquis style holsters for everything from a beretta 96 to a g27 and I have never had a gun fall out in normal use, The only time I have had a problem was when I was climbing in rafters and trusses on a house and I snagged it. but that comes in the territory as not normal use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:27 pm 

I have a cheap Ross Leather Yacqui style holster I really like. The gun stays put, but I get little black smudges on my car seat every time I go shooting. It's hard to figure, the pistol muzzle is always clean when I get home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:21 pm 
On time out

The current picture in the ad does not seem to seat the gun as deeply as the ones I have seen. In those, the trigger guard seems to seat all the way to the bottom of the belt, not as it shows now, seemingly halfway down. I will have to look at my friends version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:31 am 

I am not a big fan of the exposed biz end of the gun holsters

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.