Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:55 am

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Want a IWB Any recomendations 
 Post subject: Want a IWB Any recomendations
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:58 pm 

This may be stupid but i kind of want a in iwb for my S&W 357 N Frame 4" Is this possible and does any one know of anyone who makes a decent one if anyone does?? Or can anyone suggest a conceal holster for this gun that would be comfortable. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:01 am 

I'm sure you could have Srigs make you one, although he may need the gun for a little while. I'd check Comp-Tac and High Noon as well, they may have something that would work for you.

Post subject: Re: Want a IWB Any recomendations
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:46 am 
The Man

gooseman wrote:
This may be stupid but i kind of want a in iwb for my S&W 357 N Frame 4" Is this possible and does any one know of anyone who makes a decent one if anyone does?? Or can anyone suggest a conceal holster for this gun that would be comfortable. Thanks
It's not stupid -- I'd go with Dave Workman's "Undershirt", Kevin of K&D, or srigs.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:54 am 
Longtime Regular

The thickness of the cylinder on that piece may make an IWB not terribly practical.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:34 am 
The Man

DeanC wrote:
The thickness of the cylinder on that piece may make an IWB not terribly practical.
It wouldn't be my first choice, but plblark made me an IWB for a slightly larger gun -- my 629 -- and it works just fine.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:54 am 
On time out

Actually, the frame size is identical, N frames are N frames. The only differences are the size of the holes that get drilled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:48 am 
Longtime Regular

I've been researching this myself. I don't yet have an IWB for either of my revolvers, but these look interesting: the CABO (Carry A Big One), and a kind of weird one from Hoffners called the ITP Miurage (yes that's how they spell it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:40 pm 

Thanks for all the suggestion very helpfull. Is the 629 a N frame?? Also Srigs What do you think a holster like this would run??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:01 pm 
Longtime Regular

gooseman wrote:
Thanks for all the suggestion very helpfull. Is the 629 a N frame?? Also Srigs What do you think a holster like this would run??

My IWB holsters run from 35 to 50 shipped. Check out my site for details at www.sideguardholsters.com. You can also drop me an Email through my site.

Srigs

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:10 pm 

So Srigs i can't find a link to your e-mail on your website am i just not looking hard enough also where are you located and would you have to have my gun for a little while
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:07 pm 
On time out

yup a 629, 625, 29, 27, 28, 58, 57 the like are all N frames,

I frames, (rare) were the first modern compact revolver, chambered in .22, 32. and sometimes 38 S&W often called terrier frames,

J frames, the 36 and 60 base, along with all the airweights, centennials, and the various concealed hammer and shrouded hammer small frame guns as well as the .22 kit gun. until recently all were 38 special or less, and all but the .22 were five shots.

K frame, the base of the modern revolver, usually maxes at the .357 model 19, or the 66, the stainless version.

L frame, the upgraded K frame, designed for a steady diet of hot .357 mag loads, usually listed as a 8 as the middle digit, eg, 586, 686, or 584.

N frames as discussed,

X frame, the stretched and beefed action to carry the 460 and the 500 S&W

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:42 am 
Longtime Regular

gooseman wrote:
So Srigs i can't find a link to your e-mail on your website am i just not looking hard enough also where are you located and would you have to have my gun for a little while
Thanks

sideguardholsters@comcast.net East side of the twin cities and I would need the gun for 10 to 14 days.

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:18 am 
Longtime Regular

Pat Cannon wrote:
... and a kind of weird one from Hoffners called the ITP Miurage (yes that's how they spell it).

That looks nice. I found one review of it here. But that was with a big n-frame. I sort of wonder how securely it'll hold a small j-frame. Hoffner's own picture shows the cylinder pretty high. But the reviewer's gun sat another inch lower.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:23 am 
The Man

ree wrote:
Pat Cannon wrote:
... and a kind of weird one from Hoffners called the ITP Miurage (yes that's how they spell it).

That looks nice. I found one review of it here. But that was with a big n-frame. I sort of wonder how securely it'll hold a small j-frame. Hoffner's own picture shows the cylinder pretty high. But the reviewer's gun sat another inch lower.
I suspect that with this sort of holster, you really want at least a 4-inch tube. Me, I'm tempted to get it as an alternative when carrying my 629, although the holster it came with is really very good.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:33 am 
Longtime Regular

joelr wrote:
I suspect that with this sort of holster, you really want at least a 4-inch tube. Me, I'm tempted to get it as an alternative when carrying my 629, although the holster it came with is really very good.

Wow. I emailed Brian Hoffner asking and within minutes got this response about it:
Quote:
The short barrel is no problem because it has a stabilizer extension. I
am out of the country and do not have any photos but I can assure you
that it works as nice for a J frame as it does for larger frames.
Thanks,
Hoff

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.