Index  •  FAQ  •  Search  

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:21 pm

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rafter S Holster - Finally came, Pictures Posted 
 Post subject: Rafter S Holster - Finally came, Pictures Posted
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:16 pm 
Longtime Regular

I recently ordered an OWB holster for, if you can guess by the nickname, a Glock 19 (subtle huh?), from Rafter S Gunleather, and am now playing the waiting game. They are a smaller company based in Missouri and come highly recommended by a friend of mine in Springfield.

Can see their stuff here: http://www.raftersgunleather.com/Holsters.htm

Question: Has anyone here had any experience with their holsters? I've done several searches and have not come up with many, if any posts about their holsters specifically. I am waiting to receive a black cowhide holster and mag pouch, and am wondering what your opinions are. If nobody has their products, I'll be sure and let you know my thoughts when I get them!

Thanks!

Last edited by EJSG19 on Thu May 01, 2008 11:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:28 pm 
Longtime Regular

First of all, welcome to the forum.

I have not read anything on that company but there are many out there so that is not a huge surprise. Let us know how you like it and post pics. :)

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:36 pm 
Longtime Regular

Thanks Srigs,

not sure if I'm overstepping the forum rules but the company's website (website is pretty basic so don't expect a ton of user friendly) is raftersgunleather.com

They do make some very nice looking holsters out of expensive leather, but that isn't my style, nor in my budget. Not trying to advertise for them or anything, just curious to see if anyone likes/dislikes their stuff.

Last edited by EJSG19 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:09 pm 

EJSG19 wrote:
Thanks Srigs,

not sure if I'm overstepping my limits but the company's website (website is pretty basic so don't expect a ton of user friendly) is raftersgunleather.com

They do make some very nice looking holsters out of expensive leather, but that isn't my style, nor in my budget. Not trying to advertise for them or anything, just curious to see if anyone likes/dislikes their stuff.

Of course, you could always check out Erik's (Srigs) holsters..... :wink:

http://sideguardholsters.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:25 pm 
1911 tainted

I use to own one of their OWB holsters and currently do own a IWB Rafter S holster and think they are a good value. Rumor is that they make some of the Wilson leather and if you look at both, they look the same, but the Rafter is less money. You should get your holster fairly quick, at least compared to most of the other name brand craftsman out there and I doubt you will be disappointed.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:53 pm 
Journeyman Member

Good luck to you.
I have been hearing some bad things about their customer service of late.

Dorian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:16 am 
Longtime Regular

Yeah I am hoping for the best. I think they have grown beyond their output capacity lately. I have been hearing/reading the same thing, but even the guys that complain about the long wait or lack of customer service seem to all agree that the product itself is outstanding, so I figure I have time (I'm on day 2 of my 30 day waiting period for my permit anyway so no huge rush for a holster).

Mastercard says the holster is bought and paid for, so if it goes more than 4 weeks I'll be on the phone, but generally I prefer not to pester people I'm relying on to build me a good product.

We'll see, I'll post pictures when the holster and double mag pouch show up. Thanks for the comments everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:38 am 
1911 tainted

I guess I should ask which Rafter that you are referring to, there are 2 and I am referring to Rafter S and not Rafter L.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:15 pm 
Longtime Regular

Rafter S

I forgot to put the website above into a link format but it is as follows:

http://www.raftersgunleather.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:47 pm 

zimme71 wrote:
EJSG19 wrote:
Thanks Srigs,

not sure if I'm overstepping my limits but the company's website (website is pretty basic so don't expect a ton of user friendly) is raftersgunleather.com

Just an update, I received my holster in the mail today from Srigs, and all I have to say is 'Wow'. Great craftsmanship, great price, looks great....best $$$ I've spent in a long time. I HIGHLY recommend taking a look at his site!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:11 pm 
Longtime Regular

zimme71 wrote:
zimme71 wrote:
EJSG19 wrote:
Thanks Srigs,

Just an update, I received my holster in the mail today from Srigs, and all I have to say is 'Wow'. Great craftsmanship, great price, looks great....best $$$ I've spent in a long time. I HIGHLY recommend taking a look at his site!!!

You have mail on your question. Enjoy your new holster. :D

Side Guard Holsters
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:25 am 
Longtime Regular

Back to the topic of the thread, and for an update for anyone interested, I spoke with Rafter S this morning and they said that the package was shipped on Tuesday, almost exactly 4 weeks from the day I ordered the holster and mag pouch. So when it shows up, I'll snap some pictures and show you guys what I receive.

They originally quoted me 5-6 weeks, so 4 is a nice surprise ironically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:34 pm 
Longtime Regular

All right, after about 6 weeks right on the button, the holster and double magazine pouch showed up by USPS. I have pictures of the holster here, and if you want pic's of the mag holder I can make some, the mag holder is very nice but you can get a good idea of it from the Rafter S website I think. Mine is the 2 mag holder, holds with the bullets pointing forward, and to the bottom of the holder, to make for easier reloading.

Both items were ordered in Black Cowleather, (also the cheapest option!)

The leather is very well reinforced, not quite as shiny as the pictures indicate (camera flash effect), and the stitching is very straight. Also most of the leather is at least twice as thick as a Blackhawk IWB I recently bought, so I think durability won't be anything to worry about.

Anyway, let me preface by saying I am no photographer, and these photo's don't do the holster justice. Suffice to say I am pretty happy with the craftsmanship of the holster. Now lets see if I can learn how to post pictures...

[img]
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm31 ... CF1511.jpg[/img]

Image[/img]

Well its the Camera, or its the operator, likely the latter. A little blurry but there you have it. For $50 I'd say its worth it. Hugs tight to the back, holds the gun tight, but not so much to make drawing difficult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:23 am 
Longtime Regular

Looks nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:15 pm 
First-time poster

EJSG19 - I've been researching holsters for several weeks now and the Rafter S OWB Holster looks to be a good value for the money . I just wanted to thank you for your informative post and the photos . I've decided to give them a try . On Monday I'm ordering two rigs , one for my wife and the other for myself . We've decided on a Matching double magazine pouch and a OWB right handed Holster with Shirt Guard in Brown Sharkskin with Brown Elephant Trim and a Brown Sharkskin Belt for my wife and a Matching double magazine pouch and a OWB right handed Holster with Shirt Guard in Black Sharkskin with Black Elephant Trim and a Black Sharkskin Belt for me . Hopefully it'll be worth the money . These rigs are for her Nighthawk Custom Talon 5" 1911 pistol and my Nighthawk Custom Predator 5" 1911 pistol . Thanks again for sharing your experience .

Ed

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This is a static archive the Twin Cities Carry forum, maintained as a public service by the current forum of record, The Minnesota Carry Forum.